In Chicago 2013
|Origin||Carbondale, Illinois, United States|
|Genres||Punk rock, pop punk|
|Labels||Red Scare Industries, Insubordination Records|
|Past members||Ken Clifford
The Copyrights are a pop punk band from Carbondale, Illinois made up of Brett Hunter (vocals, guitar) Jeff Funburg (vocals, guitar), Adam Fletcher (vocals, bass), and Luke McNeill (drums). They are currently signed to Red Scare Industries.
The Copyrights were formed in 2002 in Carbondale, Illinois. Drummer Luke McNeill said that at the time Carbondale had a lot of Indie rock bands with "a lot of pretentiousness", and no good punk bands.
In 2003 they released their first album, We Didn't Come Here to Die, which was produced by Mass Giorgini. Their next album, Mutiny Pop, was released in 2006. Make Sound and Learn the Hard Way followed in 2007 and 2008 respectively. In support of Learn the Hard Way, they embarked on a country-wide tour supporting Kepi Ghoulie.
Their most recent album, Report, was released August 26th, 2014 on Red Scare Industries.
- We Didn't Come Here to Die (2003) (Insubordination Records)
- Mutiny Pop (2006) (Insubordination Records)
- Make Sound (2007) (Red Scare Industries)
- Learn the Hard Way (2008) (Red Scare Industries)
- North Sentinel Island (2011) (Red Scare Industries)
- Report (2014) (Red Scare Industries)
- Button Smasher (2004) (It's Alive Records)
- Nowhere Near Chicago (2005) (It's Alive Records)
- Chicago Smasher (2009) (It's Alive Records)
- Crutches (2011) (It's Alive Records)
- No Knocks (2014) (Fat Wreck Chords)
- Handclaps & Bottlecaps (acoustic split with Zatopeks) (2006) (It's Alive Records)
- The Methadones/The Copyrights Split (2008) (Transparent)
- Songs About Fucking Up (2009) (split 7" with The Dopamines) (It's Alive Records)
- The Copyrights/The Brokedowns split 7" (2009) (No Idea Records)
- The Copyrights/Grey Area/The Reveling//Luther split 7" (2011) (Black Numbers Records)
- Shit's Fucked (2013) (It's Alive Records) (collects singles & compilation tracks from 2004-2010)