The Corrections (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Origin||London / Bristol, England, United Kingdom|
|Past members||Guy Connelly
The Corrections were an English indie band, signed to EMI, formed in 2001 and based in Dalston, East London. The band were formerly known as The Fallout Trust. It was under this name that their third single, "Washout", from their debut album, In Case of the Flood, reached number 75 in the UK Singles Chart in February 2006, preceding on the album's release on 27 February.
The Fallout Trust were formed around the crux of old school friends Guy Connelly and Joe Winter, inspired by a visit to Berlin and the music of Iggy Pop and David Bowie. The band was augmented by Winter's sibling, Matt and sister-in-law Jess, bassist Gavin Ellis and drummer Matt Watson. The band then moved to London, setting up home at 'Q Quarters', a warehouse which served as home, party venue and recording studio. In 2004 they were signed by At Large Recordings. They toured in support of Maxïmo Park, Morning Runner and Leaves, in addition to several headline tours, and performed at Glastonbury twice in the Guardian tent.
Two EPs were released, in 2004 and 2005. Their first single was "When We Are Gone" which reached number 73 in the UK upon its first release in June 2005. The second single, "Before the Light Goes", reached number 93 in November 2005. The album In Case of the Flood was released in 2006, with the coinciding single, "Washout", peaking at number 75. Nearly all of the band members are originally from Bristol and they are closely associated with venue the Louisiana.[clarification needed]
During their performance at the Louisiana on 6 October 2007, Joe Winter announced that the band would be changing their name to The Corrections. The Corrections were reborn as a 5-piece, with the same line-up as The Fallout Trust minus Jess Winter. 2008 singles "Barcode", "OCD" and "Full Stop" preceded their debut album. Repeat After Me, originally set for release on 7 July, was released in late 2008 on limited CD and iTunes.
The band maintained a tight link with artist/filmmaker 'Duckeye' who created much of their artwork and promo videos.
- Guy Connelly - guitar and vocals
- Gavin Ellis - bass guitar and vocals
- Matt Watson - drums
- Joe Winter - lead vocals
- Matt Winter - lead guitar
- Jess Winter - violin and keyboards
- Toby Cann - bass guitar and "The Jump"
Fallout Trust discography
EPs and singles
- "EP 1": "Them Or It" / "The Dog Hour" / "Bound With The Rope" / "The Price Of Your Time" (At Large Recordings FUGIT 001 - 2004)
- "EP 2": "One Generation Wall" / "We Will Wake Up" / "The Watchman" / "TVM" (At Large Recordings FUG 04 - May 2005)
- "When We Are Gone" (At Large Recordings FUG 07 - June 5) - UK number 75
- "Before The Light Goes" (At Large Recordings FUG 09 - October 2005)
- "Washout" (At Large Recordings FUG 014 - February 2006) - UK
- In Case Of The Flood (At Large Recordings) - February 2006
- "Barcode" (EMI) - April 2008
- "OCD" (EMI - download only) - June 2008
- "Full Stop" (EMI - download only) - September 2008
- Repeat After Me (EMI) - September 2008