The Corsham School
|Motto||I Can Inspire|
|DfE URN||136611 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Colours||Navy and white|
Students from the market town of Corsham and those of nearby villages, such as Colerne, Neston, Box, Wiltshire and Shaw, Wiltshire attend along with others from nearby towns such as Bath, Chippenham and Melksham.
The school is split into five different blocks. It has three playgrounds and one big field.
- S block or the Science Block - A three floored building in which Science is taught. S Block also contains the main hall, one of the schools' two gyms, changing rooms and several offices.
- T Block or the Technology Block - Where Art, Food Technology,some design technology and Photography is taught.
- R Block or the Richards Block - Named after Clive Richards, who taught at the school for a significant number of years. It is the newest building in the school. English, Maths and Geography are all taught in R Block.
- L Block or Library Block - Contains the main Library, the staff and reprographics rooms as well as Main Reception and the offices of the senior staff.
- H Block or the Humanities Block - The largest building in the School in which History, RS/PSHE, Modern Foreign Languages, Drama, ICT and Music are taught, among others. H Block contains the second gym, changing rooms and a dance studio, usually used for the dance aspect of PE. It also contains two drama studios, two fully equipped Music Rooms and the sixth form common room.
The Corsham School was described as "exceptional" in increasing the number of pupils attaining top level GCSE grades by Bob Wolfson, Wiltshire's education director, in January 2004. More than two-thirds of Corsham's pupils achieved five or more A* to C grades at GCSE in 2003, a big improvement from just over half the students in 2002.School Standards Minister David Miliband announced that he was keen to see the strategy spread to most schools in the country.
In 2009, The Corsham school got an 'outstanding' Ofsted report. In December 2012, the school achieved a rating of good.