|Headquarters||Culver City, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Jeff Weinstein|
The Counter is a high end fast casual restaurant chain in the United States, Australia and Ireland offering custom topped gourmet burgers. Diners receive a clipboard to "Build Your Own Burger". There are over 312,120 possible topping combinations.
The Counter was launched into the public eye when Gayle King mentioned it on The Oprah Winfrey Show on February 28, 2006, It has also been listed as number 15 on Alan Richman's The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die in GQ Magazine.
In the August 25, 2008 issue, Nation's Restaurant News named The Counter as one of "2008's Six Hottest Concepts." 
According to FranchiseWorks.com, since opening its first restaurant in Santa Monica in 2003 and launching its franchise program in 2006, The Counter has opened 11 locations and has sold development rights for over 130 restaurant franchises. There were 25 new locations that were forecast to open in 2008 and 2009. Long-range projections call for as many as 400 to 600 U.S. locations.
- The Counter concept moves into Greater D.C. Washington Business Journal (2007-06-22)
- The Oprah Winfrey Show, February 28, 2006
- The Oprah Winfrey Show, Episode 5942, Transcript
- Alan Richman. The 20 hamburgers you must eat before you die. GQ features.
- FranchiseWorks, Nation's Restaurant News, August 25, 2008