The Crawling Hand
|The Crawling Hand|
One-sheet for The Crawling Hand
|Directed by||Herbert L. Strock|
|Produced by||Joseph F. Robertson|
|Written by||Joseph Cranston
Herbert L. Strock
Robert M. Young
Alan Hale Jr.
|Cinematography||Willard Van der Veer|
|Edited by||Herbert L. Strock|
|Running time||89 min|
The Crawling Hand is a 1963 science fiction film directed by Herbert L. Strock, and starring Rod Lauren, Peter Breck, Allison Hayes, and Alan Hale, Jr. It was later featured on the television shows Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) and The Canned Film Festival.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2014)|
- Peter Breck as Steve Curan
- Kent Taylor as Dr. Max Weitzberg
- Rod Lauren as Paul Lawrence
- Alan Hale Jr. as Sheriff Townsend (as Alan Hale)
- Allison Hayes as Donna
- Sirry Steffen as Marta Farnstrom
- Arline Judge as Mrs. Hotchkiss
- Richard Arlen as Lee Barrenger
- Tris Coffin as Security Chief Meidel (as Tristam Coffin)
- Ross Elliott as Deputy Earl Harrison
- Stan Jones as Funeral Director (as G. Stanley Jones)
- Jock Putnam as Ambulance Attendant
- Andy Andrews as Ambulance Attendant
- Syd Saylor as Soda Shop Owner
- Ed Wermer as Prof. Farnstrom
- Les Hoyle as Mel Lockhart
- The Crawling Hand was featured in Episode 6 of Season 1 of the TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000. This episode was released on VHS by Rhino Home Video in October 1999 and on DVD in June 2002, including the uncut film as a bonus feature.
In other media
Rick Moody's novel The Four Fingers of Death, released in July 2010 by Little, Brown and Company, is a metafictional novelization of a 2025 remake of The Crawling Hand (which means that Moody's fictional 'novelization' is set in a future very different from that of the 1963 film).
- Vandergriff, Rick (September 5, 1990). "Aspiring Mogul Back in Action Film". Los Angeles Times. p. F1. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- Robinson, Johnny (November 2, 1963). "Next Week's Films". Lewiston Evening Journal. p. 4-A. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- Margulies, Lee (June 10, 1986). "'Canned Film Festival' on TV, Worst of the Big Screen On Its Way". Los Angeles Times. p. 10. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- Martin, Clancy (August 6, 2010). "Book Review - The Four Fingers of Death - By Rick Moody". The New York Times.
Mystery Science Theater 3000
- "Mystery Science Theater 3000" The Crawling Hand (TV episode 1989) at the Internet Movie Database
- Episode guide: 106- The Crawling Hand
|This science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|