The Crayon Fields
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Associated acts||Geoffrey O'Connor
The line up consists of singer-songwriter Geoff O'Connor on vocals and guitar, Brett Hudson on bass guitar, Chris Hung on second guitar, Synthesizer and percussion and Neil Erenstrom on drums. O'Connor also has a solo side-project, recording as Sly Hats, signed to Nervous Jerk Records, with one album to date: Liquorice Night. O'Connor has since dropped the 'Sly Hats' moniker and begun recording and performing his solo material as 'Geoffrey O'Connor'.
Their debut full length album Animal Bells was released on 16 October 2006 and 5 November 2006 on vinyl. It was given a rating of 7.8 by Pitchfork Media and compared to the likes of the Beach Boys, The Zombies and The Association. In late 2008 Crayon Fields completed the recording of their 2nd album and released the 7" single 'Mirror Ball'. The band then released a UK 7" single 'Voice Of Paradise' on the Passport label and toured Europe and the UK in April and May 2009 before releasing a 3rd 7" single 'All The Pleasures Of The World' in August 2009. Their second album, 'All The Pleasures of the World' was released in September 2009 on Chapter Music (Australia) and Rallye Records (Japan). The album was given a 7.8 by Pitchfork Media, has been featured on many prominent blogs throughout the US and UK such as Big Stereo and Music (For Robots) and has received airplay on US radio stations such as KCRW, KEXP and Woxy. In Australia the album has received heavy airplay on community radio stations, with both 'Mirror Ball' and 'All The Pleasures Of The World' being added to rotation on national youth radio station JJJ.
In March 2010 Crayon Fields toured the US for the first time, performing a number of shows in New York, LA and Austin as part of the SXSW festival, which included a live to air set for KEXP radio. In Australia Crayon Fields have performed at the Big Day Out, Golden Plains, Parklife and Laneway festivals and toured with Peter Bjorn and John (SWE), Cornelius (JAP) New Pornographers (CAN), The Dirty Three, Stereolab (UK), The Mountain Goats (US), Spoon (US), The Go! Team (UK) and Built To Spill (US). They toured the U.S for a second time in October 2010, and included a number of CMJ festival shows.
- Animal Bells (CD and vinyl) (16 October 2006) Chapter Music/Trifekta Records
- All The Pleasures of the World (CD and vinyl) (released 19 September 2009) Chapter Music (AU), Rallye (Japan)
- Mirror Ball (7") (9 December 2008) Chapter Music
- Voice Of Paradise (UK only 7") (21 March 2009) Passport
- All The Pleasures Of The World (7") (22 August 2009) Chapter Music
- Chapter Music - Artists, retrieved 2008-09-06
- Animal Bells - Pitchfork, retrieved 2008-09-06
- Wireless Bollinger - Getting To Know The Crayon Fields, retrieved 2008-09-06
- Sly Hats - Music at Last.fm, retrieved 2008-09-06