The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger
||It has been suggested that Honey Badger Don't Care be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2014.|
The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger is a YouTube viral video and internet meme that first appeared on the internet in January 2011. The video features commentary by an effeminate, New York-accented narrator who is identified only as "Randall" that is dubbed over pre-existing Nat Geo WILD footage of honey badgers.
Randall stated he chose to redub the National Geographic footage because "this animal eats King Cobras, demolishes animals, and this narrator that is so boring, so I said, 'we need to spice this thing up.'" Randall has also stated he first gained an interest in animals by way of his father, a cameraman for Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. While not much information has been officially released about the narrator, the New York Observer has claimed a press release for a potential television show based on the video reveals Randall as "Christopher Gordon." Gordon's Twitter channel, however, lists him as Randall's assistant.
The video received much attention in early 2011, garnering over 61 million views since its release. References to the video have appeared in American Pickers, Hot in Cleveland, and Glee, with frozen yogurt chain Red Mango offering a flavor named "Honey Badger". The video has been listed as a favorite by Taylor Swift and Olivia Wilde. In July 2013, a professional indoor soccer team renamed itself Laredo Honey Badgers.
Since the video's release, a book titled Honey Badger Don't Care has been released by Andrews McMeel Publishing, as well as talks about a potential television show. Randall has also voiced several commercials for products such as pistachios and virtual phone systems. There are also plans to release two apps for iOS and Android, a "a honey badger role-playing game (narrated by Randall)" as well as an app containing phrases and jokes by Randall.
Honey Badger Don't Care
In January 2012 Andrews McMeel Publishing released a book featuring comedic commentaries about the honey badger and ten other animals of the wild kingdom. Reception to the book has been mixed to positive, with Audubon Magazine writing that the book was "memorable". Willamette Week called the book "amusing, but much of the humor of the video is lost without Randall’s narration".
In 2012 Randall stated that he was developing a television show with Six Eleven Media entitled Honey Badger U. The show was inspired by the video and that it would be a mixture of live action and animation.
Collaborating with MEDL Mobile, Randall launched "The Honey Badger Don't Care" app in 2011 with an updated version relaunched in 2013.  The app was made available on both the Google Play store as well as the Apple iTunes store.
- A Chat With Randall: On Nasty Honey Badgers, Bernie Madoff And Fame Forbes
- Honey Badger Don't Care: The Best Nature Video Of All Time Huffington Post
- Honey Badger Voice Guy Randall Seen in New Video by TMZ Gather Celebs
- Meet the Honey Badger Don't Care! His name is Randall. My Northwest.com
- Honey Badger Don’t Care…About New TV Show New York Observer
- Does Randall Exist? Meet the Man Behind the Honey Badger Phenomenon (Video) New York Observer
- Review: Randall, of Honey Badger Video Fame, Pens Book About More Crazy Animals Audubon Society
- Chasing the elusive honey badger Columbus Dispatch
- Red Mango to Offer New Froyo Flavor and Honey Badger Don’t Care FoodBeast
- 'Honey Badger' Creator Randall Responds To 'Amazing' Praise From Taylor Swift Yahoo News
- Building a 'Honey Badger' Empire CNBC
- Randall the Honey Badger guy made an 'anti-old-school animal book' Zap 2 it
- This Nasty Viral Video Star Is Getting His Own Show And He Don't Care Business Insider
- Web sensation Randall talks "Honey Badger" spinoffs, anonymity and wildlife sex Red Eye Chicago
- Jensen, Jeff. (2011-09-30) Honey Badger sure likes pistachios | PopWatch | EW.com. Popwatch.ew.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-07.
- Randall's 'Honey Badger Don't Care' spinoffs Red Eye Chicago
- Honey Badger Goes Dancing With The Stars: A Brief Meme History Forbes
- Honey Badger to come to a TV near you! Reel Wire
- 'Honey Badger Don't Care' available for iOS and Android Shack News
- 'Honey Badger Don't Care', but we do USA Today
- Review: Randall, of Honey Badger Video Fame, Pens Book About More Crazy Animals Audubon Magazine
- Booher, Emilee (January 18, 2012). Honey Badger Don’t Care Willamette Week. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Smith, Jami. "Honey Badger Says, “Read This Book, Stupid”". Advocate. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Greenfield, Rebecca. "The Man Behind the Honey Badger Is a Creature of the Internet". Yahoo. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Honey Badger Don't Care app MEDL Mobile, Inc.