The Cro-Magnons live in Japan, 2011
|Associated acts||The Blue Hearts,
Nil, Sads, Gargoyle
The Cro-Magnons (ザ・クロマニヨンズ Za Kuromaniyonzu?) is a Japanese rock band founded in July 2006 by Hiroto Kōmoto (vocals) and Masatoshi Mashima (guitar), both previously of The Blue Hearts and The High-Lows, with Masaru Kobayashi (bass) and Katsuji Kirita (drums).
After The High-Lows ceased activity in November 2005, Mashima proposed forming a new band to Kōmoto. Due to an introduction from a recording engineer named Satoshi Kawaguchi, known from the time of The Blue Hearts, Kobayashi and Kirita joined the formation of The Cro-Magnons.
With their album due to be finished in the winter of 2006, they appeared all over the country in summer music events without announcement and without a name. On the net, people blinked and wondered "Is this Hiroto and Mashi's new band?" Before their live performance on Osaka's "Meet The World Beat 2006," news of their appearance was leaked and some of the crowd called out "Hiroto!", "Mashi!". With a bitter smile, the band members said "It wasn't a secret at all." At 1:41pm on July 23, The Cro-Magnons made their first official appearance as a band. Two months later, on September 20, the band began their first nationwide tour, "The Cro-Magnons Shutsuen Tour!!" (ザ・クロマニヨンズ出現ツアー!! The Cro-Magnons Appear Tour!!).
The band had a second tour in early 2007, entitled "Haru no Uraura Matsuri" (春のウラウラ祭り Spring Gently Shining Festival), with 16 performances nationwide.
Founders, Hiroto Kōmoto and Masatoshi Mashima, worked together in two previous bands—The Blue Hearts and The High-Lows. Bassist Masaru Kobayashi previously performed with Sads and is currently involved in nil. Drummer Katsuji Kirita also performs with Gargoyle.
- "Tally Ho" (タリホー Tari Hō) (September 20, 2006)
- "Paper Airplane" (紙飛行機 Kami Hikōki) (April 25, 2007)
- "Giri Giri Gagangan" (ギリギリガガンガン) (August 15, 2007)
- "Eight Beat" (エイトビート Eito Biito) (May 21, 2008)
- "Speed and Knife" (スピードとナイフ Supiido to Naifu) (August 27, 2008)
- "Glycerin Queen" (グリセリン・クイーン Guriserin Kuiin) (October 7, 2009)
- "Motorcycle, Leather Jacket and Curry" (オートバイと皮ジャンパーとカレー Autobai to Kawa Jampa to Kare) (October 20, 2010)
- "Streamline Shape" (流線型 Ryusenkei) (March 2, 2011)
- "Hop On!! Bonnie!!" (飛び乗れ!!ボニー!! Tobinore!! Bonnie!!) (March 2, 2011)
- "Number One Guy!" (ナンバーワン野郎! Nanbaa Wan Yarou!) (August 21, 2011)
- "Thunderstorm Shine" (雷雨決行 Raiu Kekko) (December 14, 2011)
- "Assault Rock" (突撃ロック, Totsugeki Rock) (May 23, 2012) - Naruto Shippuuden 11th Opening
- The Cro-Magnons (ザ・クロマニヨンズ Za Kuromaniyonzu) (October 25, 2006)
- Cave Party (ケイヴ パーティ Keivu Paati) (September 12, 2007)
- Fire Age (ファイヤー エイジ Faiyaa eiji) (October 15, 2008)
- Mondo Roccia (モンド ロッチャ Mondo Roccha) (October 28, 2009)
- Oi! Um bobo (November 10, 2010)
- Ace Rocker (Eisu Rokka) (January 18, 2012)
- YETI vs CROMAGNON (February 6, 2013)