For the American professional wrestler with the ring name "The Crybaby", see Josh Withers
. For other uses, see crybaby
The Crybaby is the twelfth album by Melvins, released in 2000 through Ipecac Recordings, and the last part of a trilogy: The Maggot, The Bootlicker and The Crybaby. The trilogy was released on vinyl by Ipecac Recordings (The Trilogy Vinyl. IPC-011, November 27, 2000).
On the CD version, after a few minutes of silence there is a spooky sample of the intro to "Amazon" (the first song on The Maggot) after "Moon Pie." followed by more silence.
The Trilogy vinyl version features an edited version of "Divorced" and does not contain the last four tracks from the CD.
"Divorced" contains performances by the band Tool, as well as a conversation between Tool drummer Danny Carey and frontman Maynard James Keenan.
- King Buzzo - guitar (tracks 1-3, 5, 6, 8-11), bass (track 1), noise (track 4)
- Dale Crover - drums (tracks 1, 3, 5-11), Mattel drums & guitar (track 2), noise (track 4), vocals (track 9)
- Kevin Rutmanis - bass (tracks 2-6, 8-11), slide bass (tracks 2 & 8); oscillator, harmonica, metronome, voice, guitar & recording (all track 4), vocals (track 8)
- Leif Garrett - vocals (track 1)
- David Yow - vocals (tracks 2 & 8)
- Hank Williams III - guitar (track 3), vocals (tracks 3 & 9)
- Henry Bogdan - steel guitar (tracks 3 & 9)
- Mike Patton - vocals, sampler, guitar, percussion & recording (track 4)
- J. G. Thirlwell - vocals, samples, recording & mixing (track 5)
- Erik Sanko - guitar & vocals (track 6)
- Rick Lee - trash & samples (track 6)
- Amanda Ferguson - vocals (track 6)
- Bruce Bromberg - guitar (track 6)
- Tool - producer (track 7)
- Godzik Pink - "Interlude" (track 8)
- Bliss Blood - vocals, Wurlitzer, treated vocal, electric sitar, musical saws and Señor Wences samples (track 10)
- Kevin Sharp - vocals & samples (track 11)
- Billy Howerdel - mixing & recording (guitar & bass) (track 1)
- Tim Green - recording (track 1 [drums only], tracks 4 & 5), mixing (track 6)
- Roderick Kohn - recording (track 6)
- Vince DeFranco - producer (track 7)
- Ryeland Allison - producer (track 7)
- Sir David Scott Stone - recording (track 8 ["Interlude"])
- Kurt Wolf - recording (Track 10)
- Mackie Osborne - art