The Daily Rundown
|The Daily Rundown with José Diaz-Balart|
|Presented by||Chuck Todd (2010–2014)
Savannah Guthrie (2010–2011)
Jose Diaz-Balart (2014–present)
|Country of origin||USA|
|Location(s)||Washington DC (2010–2014)
Miami, Florida (2014–present)
|Running time||60 Minutes (2010–2014)
120 minutes (2014–present)
|Picture format||480i (16:9 letterbox SDTV)
|Original run||January 11, 2010 – present|
The Daily Rundown with José Diaz-Balart an weekday morning political / news talk show on MSNBC it airs live from 9 am to 11 am. The show premiered on MSNBC on January 11, 2010, and featured news, interviews, and analysis relating to politics from the MSNBC Washington D.C. Bureau. The show is billed as showcasing the depth and experience of the NBC News Washington bureau. The show primarily focuses on the top political stories of the day.
From launch until June 2011, original host Chuck Todd was joined by then White House correspondent Savannah Guthrie. Guthrie left on June 3, 2011 in preparation for her new role as a co-host of NBC's Today. Since her departure, Todd anchored the broadcast alone.
As part of NBC's plan to move Todd to anchor Meet the Press beginning September 7, 2014, Todd will hand over his role as anchor for The Daily Rundown. He will be replaced by José Diaz-Balart as part of a new and expanded version of the program.
The show in its new two-hour format debuted on November 17, 2014, and is now called The Rundown with José Diaz-Balart.
- Chuck Todd (2010–2014)
- Savannah Guthrie (2010–2011)
- Luke Russert (2014)
- José Diaz-Balart (2014–present)
- Rothstein, Betsy (January 5, 2010). "MSNBC Putting Final Touches on "Daily Rundown"". Fishbowl DC (Media Bistro).
- Guthrie, Marisa (December 14, 2009). "MSNBC Adding ‘Daily Rundown' to Schedule in January". Broadcasting & Cable.
- 'Chuck on getting 'dumped' by Savannah' - Politico
- 'Meredith Vieira announces she’s leaving ‘Today;’ Ann Curry, Natalie Morales, Savannah Guthrie upped at #1 Morning Show' - MediaBistro
- Chuck Todd to solo anchor ‘The Daily Rundown’ - MediaBistro
- Carter, Bill (2014-08-14). "NBC Chooses Chuck Todd to Replace David Gregory on ‘Meet the Press’". The New York Times.
- MSNBC Expanding ‘The Daily Rundown’ to 2 Hours Hosted by José Díaz-Balart - The Wrap
|MSNBC Weekday Lineup
9:00AM – 10:00AM
|This article about a television news series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|