Dark side of the Moon
|Look up dark side of the moon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Dark side of the Moon|
Dark side of the Moon may refer to:
Dark side of the Moon may refer to the portion of the Moon's surface that we are unable to observe from Earth, which is more correctly referred to as the Far Side of the Moon.
In this idiomatic phrase, "dark side of the Moon" does not refer to darkness, as in the absence of light, but citation needed] because humans did not see the far side of the Moon until the Soviet Union photographed it in 1959. Due to tidal locking, the Moon rotates on its axis in the same rotational direction as Earth in 29.5 Earth days which is the same number of Earth days that it takes the Moon to orbit the Earth. Thus, the same side of the Moon always faces the Earth.[
Depending on context, dark side of the Moon may instead refer to the portion of the Moon's near side unlit by the Sun during the advancement of the lunar phases.
- Dark Side of the Moon, 1972 album by Medicine Head
- The Dark Side of the Moon, 1973 album by Pink Floyd
- Dark Side of the Moon, 1974 EP album by Nichelle Nichols
- The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarfs with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side of the Moon, 2009 album by the Flaming Lips
- The Pink Floyd songs "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse" often mistakenly labelled "Dark Side of the Moon" because the phrase is repeated therein.
- "The Dark Side of the Moon", a major work for brass band by Paul Lovatt-Cooper
- "Dark Side of the Moon", a track by Dutch trance group Ernesto vs Bastian containing a reference to Pink Floyd's piece.
- "Dark Side of the Moon", a song by German dance/trance group Dune
- "Dark Side of the Moon", an unreleased Elton John song (not to be confused with "Bad side of the Moon.")
- Dark Side of the Moon, the final track on Lisa Brokop's 2000 album Undeniable
- Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Tour 1972-1973
- The Dark Side of the Moon Live, 2006-2008 concert tour for the album by Pink Floyd member Roger Waters
Film and television
- Dark Side of the Moon (film), a French mockumentary
- The Dark Side of the Moon (1986 film), a 1986 Danish film
- The Dark Side of the Moon (1990 film), 1990 film by D.J. Webster
- La Face cachée de la lune, David Joy a 2003 film by Robert Lepage
- Classic Albums: Pink Floyd – The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon, a 2003 DVD about the Pink Floyd album
- "Dark Side of the Moon" (1998), episode 21 of anime series Silent Möbius
- Dream Theater Covers Dark Side Of The Moon. Live At Hammersmith Apollo London (2005)
- "Dark Side of the Moon" (Supernatural), an episode of the television series Supernatural
- The Dark Side of the Moon (TV series), a Russian television series
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Iron Sky
- A Hill on the Dark Side of the Moon, a 1983 Swedish film
- Dark Side of the Moon, 2006 novel by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Dark Side of the Moon, 2000 novel by Martin Suter
- The Dark Side of the Moon, 1976 young adult novel by William Corlett
- Dark Side of the Moon: A Sci-Fi Adventure a PC video game consisting of 6 CD-ROMs by South Peak Interactive, and released in 1998.
- Dark side (disambiguation)
- The Dark Side of the Moo, Pink Floyd bootleg
- Dark Side of the Spoon
- Planetshine, when reflected sunlight from a planet illuminates the dark side of one of its moons
- Carolina in My Mind, James Taylor, which first appeared on his 1968 debut album, James Taylor
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, 1977, the landing area on the far side of Devil's Tower is referred to as "the dark side of the moon"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dark side of the Moon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.