The Dead Files
|The Dead Files|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||57 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jim Casey
David E. Gerber
(co-executives Ross Kaiman
|Producer(s)||Joseph Bradley, Angela Root, Brian Kniffel, Rob Mancini, Ashley Laub, Tracy Weatherby, Cameron Dieterich
(line prod.) Carrie Paul
(story prod.)Oliver Becker, Phil Abatecola, Tyler Jenkins, Brian Paterson
|Editor(s)||Jason Kothmann, Stephen Carr, Vasan Insixiengmay, Patrick Reilly, Michele Gitomer|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Painless Entertainment, Inc.|
|Original channel||Travel Channel|
|Original run||September 23, 2011– present|
|Related shows||Paranormal Cops|
The Dead Files is an American paranormal television series that premiered on September 23, 2011, on the Travel Channel. The program features psychic medium Amy Allan and former NYPD homicide detective Steve DiSchiavi as they investigate locations that are reported to be haunted. The show initially airs new episodes on Fridays at 10:00 pm EST.
Partners Amy Allan and Steve DiSchiavi investigate purportedly haunted locations to provide proof of paranormal activity. The partners each explore the case individually and then meet at the end of the episode to compare their findings with one another as well as to the occupant of the location.
- "Amy's Arrival" (walkthrough)
- "12 Hours Earlier" (Steve's arrival)
- Rooms/Floors (Amy's investigation)
- Interviewees (names)
- Research (Steve's investigation)
- "The Sketch"
- "The Reveal"
Each episode begins with Amy's initial walkthrough of the investigation site. Amy's assistant, Matt (her former husband), visits the location prior to her arrival and removes anything that might distract or influence Amy during her "channeling" session. (Items such as family pictures, trinkets, or personal effects.) In her walkthrough, Amy appears to communicate with ghosts and spirits and gather information to be used throughout the course of the episode. This walkthrough is intercut with footage of Steve gathering facts by researching the history of the location and interviewing witness who claim to have experienced paranormal phenomena. Amy will occasionally collaborate with a sketch artist to describe the entities she claims to have channeled during her walkthrough. In the episode's climax, Amy and Steve collectively meet with their client for the reveal of evidence.
|“||[Amy]: My name is Amy Allan. I see dead people. I speak to dead people. And they speak to me. But there's only one way to know if my findings are real. I rely on my partner.
[Steve]: I'm Steve DiSchiavi. I'm a retired New York city homicide detective. And I know every person, every house, has secrets. It's my job to reveal them.
[Amy]: But Steve and I never speak.
[Steve]: We never communicate during an investigation.
[Amy]: Until the very end.
[Steve]: Then we uncover that it's safe for you to stay...
[Amy]: ... Or time to get out.
|“||The following program contains material that may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.||”|
Sometimes they also show a written statement that any evidence gathered during the show is inadmissible in a Court of Law.
Cast and crew
- Amy Allan - A psychic communicator and medium who claims to have a sixth sense for channeling and communicating with the dead. She comes into a location unaware of its past and begins an initial walk-through of the location through channeling.
- Steve DiSchiavi - A retired, twenty-one year veteran of the New York City Police Department and licensed private detective. Steve gathers facts pertaining to the investigation in the form of historical research and eyewitness interviews.
- Matthew Anderson - Amy's assistant/interviewer/collaborator/ex-husband. Known as a "cleaner", Matt will visit the investigation site before Amy appears, to remove any information that he feels might unwittingly distract her from communicating with spirits during a case. He also provides video evidence by recording Amy during her channeling session.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD and BD release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1|
|1||22||September 23, 2011||August 17, 2012||September 4, 2012|
|2||36||November 2, 2012||July 12, 2013||N/A|
|3||15||November 1, 2013||N/A||N/A|
- Apparitional experience
- Ghost hunting
- Paranormal television
- Haunted locations in the United States
- "Travel Channel Greenlights New Original Programming + Renewals of Popular Primetime Series". The Futon Critic via press release. July 15, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Official website of The Dead Files
- The Dead Files at the Internet Movie Database
- The Dead Files at TV.com
- The Dead Files at TV Guide
- The Dead Files at TheTVDB.com