The Demand Institute
|Headquarters||New York, NY, USA|
|Key people||Mark Leiter, Chair
Jonathan Spector, Vice Chair
Louise Keely, President
|Parent||The Conference Board
The Demand Institute is a non-profit think tank that focuses on understanding how consumer demand is evolving around the world. The Demand Institute was founded in 2012 and is jointly operated by The Conference Board and Nielsen and is headquartered in New York City.
The Demand Institute's first report on consumer demand was The Shifting Nature of U.S. Housing Demand, published in May 2012. 
In February 2014 the organization published A Tale of 2000 Cities: How the Sharp Contrast Between Successful and Struggling Communities is Reshaping America 
- "Conference Board and Nielsen launch The Demand Institute".
- "Bloomberg: Jon Spector and Mark Leiter discuss launch of The Demand Institute".
- "Time Magazine: The Demand Institute says Housing Market Recovery Has Officially Begun". May 15, 2012.
- "WSJ: U.S. Housing Markets Face Growing Wealth Inequality". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Federal Reserve Bank of New York Survey Provides Insight into American's Views on Economic Issues".
- "CNBC: Fed Survey: Consumers expect better credit, higher health bills".