The Dinah Shore Chevy Show
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|The Dinah Shore Chevy Show|
The Dinah Shore Chevy Show intro screen
|Directed by||Bob Banner|
|Presented by||Dinah Shore|
|Theme music composer||Leo Corday
|Opening theme||"See The U.S.A. In Your Chevrolet"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||7|
|No. of episodes||218|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Original run||October 5, 1956– May 12, 1963|
The Dinah Shore Chevy Show is an American variety series hosted by Dinah Shore, and broadcast on NBC from October 1956 to June 1963. The series was sponsored by the Chevrolet Motor Division of General Motors and its theme song, sung by Shore, was "See the U.S.A. in Your Chevrolet", which continued to be used in Chevrolet advertising for several more years after the cancellation of the show.
The program began as a series of monthly specials substituting in the regular time slot of the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports. The first episode aired on October 5, 1956. By this time, Shore was already a veteran television performer, having hosted for five seasons the 15-minute-long Dinah Shore Show, also sustained by Chevrolet. It was in its final season (the final season for all 15-minute long prime time network entertainment series) when The Dinah Shore Chevy Show was launched. The series featured celebrity guests from the worlds of music, theater, sports, and movies.
The program was well-received enough to be renewed the following fall as a weekly series aired in color on Sunday nights, where it was to remain until Bonanza moved from Saturday at 7:30 p.m. into that time slot for the 1961-62 season. Dinah ended her decade-long association with Chevrolet and returned to being part of an alternating Friday night lineup, with the show retitled simply The Dinah Shore Show, Purex becoming her primary sponsor. In its final season, from October 14, 1962, to May 12, 1963, it appeared on Sunday nights following Bonanza.
Shore remained a staple of American television in various roles for years after the demise of this series.
Black-and-white kinescopes of the series are frequently aired on Jewish Life Television.
- The Skylarks (1956-1957)
- The Even Dozen (1961-1962)
- The Tony Charmoli Dancers (1957-1962)
- The Nick Castle Dancers (1962-1963)
- The Harry Zimmerman Orchestra (1957-1961, 1962-1963)
- Frank DeVol and His Orchestra (1961-1962)
List of guest stars
- The Dinah Shore Show at The Museum of Broadcast Communications
- "Towering Song of 1998". 1998 Award and Induction Ceremony. Songwriters Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- The Dinah Shore Chevy Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Dinah Shore Chevy Show at TV.com
- Dinah Shore Chevrolet Commercial at ADmusicDB
- Public domain episode on the Internet Archive
- May 17 1959 episode on the Internet Archive
- Episode Swingin' at the Summit on the Internet Archive