|Origin||Croydon, Greater London|
|Labels||Galley Music, Gut|
|Past members||Si Cranstoun|
The Dualers is a ska / reggae band from Croydon, formed in 1999 by brothers Tyber and Si Cranstoun. They are best known for their top 30 hit singles "Kiss on the Lips" and "Truly Madly Deeply", and for building a grassroots following via street performances. Despite the departure of Si, the band continue to gig regularly.
The band was formed in 1999 by the Cranstoun brothers, who were influenced by their father Bill, a pioneering ska DJ in the 1960s. After graduating from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, they began performing on the street as a duo.
On 24 October 2004 their debut single "Kiss On The Lips" entered the UK Singles Chart at # 21. This was followed in 2005 by "Truly Madly Deeply", which them a second UK hit single, reaching # 23.
A third single, "Don't Go", was released in 2006, accompanied by the band's debut album, The Melting Pot. Because a proportion of these sales were not counted towards the chart due to a technicality, the single only charted at # 61. The band continued to tour, including a support slot for The Blockheads.
In late 2010 Si Cranstoun left the band to pursue a solo career.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2013)|
- Tyber Cranstoun : Lead Vocals
- Peter Lee : Guitar
- Ian Dunston : Bass
- Adrian McKenzie : Drums
- Brian Henry : Keyboards
- Lenny Edwards : Percussion
- Paul Bilson : Trumpet
- Damian Cook : Saxophone
- Nick Mills : Trombone
- Vintage Versions Volume I - Sandcamel Records
- Vintage Versions Volume II - Galley Music
- The Melting Pot - Galley Music
- Rhymes & Rhythms - Galley Music
- Get Festive Volume 1 - Galley Music
- The Very Best of Vintage Versions - Galley Music
- Upbeat Sounds - Galley Music
- The Cooking Pot - Galley Music
- The Summer of Ska - Live at the Indigo2 July 22ND 2010 (15 Tracks)
- With Respect (10 Tracks)
- Prince Buster Shakedown - Phoenix City a division of Cherry Red Records Ltd
- The Dualers - Documentary DVD 2006
- The Dualers - Documentary Reissued DVD 2010
- The Summer of Ska - Live at the Indigo2 July 22ND 2010 (22 Tracks)
Si Cranstoun Solo Albums
- Get Lively - Galley Music
- Skinny Jeans - Galley Music
- Get Festive Vol.1 - Galley Music
- alternative floor fillers - Galley Music
- ´´Dancehalls & Supper Clubs``
|UK Release:||Title:||UK Singles Chart:|
|October 2004||"Kiss on the Lips"||21|
|November 2005||"Truly Madly Deeply"||23|
|June 2006||"Don't Go"||61|
- "The Dualers". Wychwood Festival. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 169. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "The Shortlist gig guide, June 14-20". Sydney Morning Herald. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.