The E.B. White Read Aloud Award
The E.B. White Read Aloud Award was established in 2004 by The Association of Booksellers for Children (ABC) to honor books that its membership felt embodied the universal read aloud standards that were created by the work of the beloved author E.B. White.
In 2006 the award was expanded into two categories: The E. B. White Read Aloud Award for Picture Books, and The E. B. White Read Aloud Award for Older Readers. Titles are nominated for the award by ABC booksellers, and then the final decision is made by a committee of booksellers that meets annually in February. The awards are publicly announced, and the official presentation takes place, during a children's dinner at BookExpo America.
Because the award nominees are generated by independent booksellers based on books they have loved in their own stores, there is no formal outside submission process.
List of prize winners 
Middle Reader — (tie)
- The Apothecary, by Maile Meloy, illustrated by Ian Schoenherr (Putnam Juvenile)
- Wildwood, by Colin Meloy, illustrated by Carson Ellis (Balzer + Bray)
Picture Books — The Curious Garden by Peter Brown (Little, Brown)
Middle Reader Honor Awards - Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea Older Readers — The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z. by Kate Messner (Walker Books for Young Readers)
Picture Books — A Visitor for Bear by Bonnie Becker, illustrated by Kady MacDonald Denton (Candlewick Press)
Older Readers — Masterpiece by Elise Broach, illustrated by Kelly Murphy (Henry Holt and Company)
- Nichols, Mark (April 4, 2012), Winners of the 2012 Indies Choice and E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards Announced, American Booksellers Association, retrieved April 5, 2012
- "ABA Unveils 2011 Indies Choice and E.B. White Award Winners". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "The E.B. White Read Aloud Awards". Association of Booksellers for Children. Retrieved 14 March 2010.