The East Carolinian
|Owner(s)||East Carolina University|
|Headquarters||Self Help Building, Suite 100F Greenville, North Carolina 27858|
The East Carolinian is the campus newspaper of East Carolina University in Greenville, NC USA, and is entirely student-run. The East Carolinian dates back to 1925. The ECU Student Media Board "provides oversight and direction to the student newspaper" The newspaper has a circulation of 9,000 copies per issue in the Spring and Fall semesters and 5,000 copies per issue in the Summer. The newspaper comes out on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Spring and Fall and on Wednesdays in the Summer.
The East Carolinian prints coverage for its Tuesday and Thursday editions (Fall and Spring) and Wednesday editions (Summer) on News, Lifestyles, Sports, Opinion, and Pirate Rants (the most popular section).
Operations and Recent News
The East Carolinian publishes two issues per week in the Fall and Spring semesters and once a week during the Summer. The newspaper is printed by Cooke Communications North Carolina, LLC in Greenville, NC.
- Editor-in-Chief: Jessica Richmond
- Managing Editor: Dan Hunt
- News Editor: Jessica Gribbon
- Sports Editor: Corey Keenan
- Arts and Entertainment Editor: Jessica McGettigan
- Opinion Editor: Zach Elsam
- Copy Editor: Christina Tucker
- Photo Editor: Michael Seegars
- Multimedia Manager: Caroline West
- Multimedia Editor: Bradley Harwood
- Agency Manager: Caroline Ready
- Production Manager: Cas Norris
- Production Staff: Summer Falgiano
- Production Staff: Caitlin Arneson
- Production Staff: Elizabeth Buehler
- Adviser/Student Media Director: John Harvey
- Advertising Director: Genevia Hill