The Egg (band)
- See also Egg (band) for the progressive rock band from 1969.
Formed in Oxford, England in the early 1990s, the Egg's first release was the Shopping EP (1995) on the independent record label, Cup of Tea Records. Having been signed by China Records they released the Albumen album in 1996, and also in US on Discovery Records in 1997. In 1998 the follow-up album Travelator was released, produced by Tim Holmes of Death in Vegas. In 2000, the group recorded the theme tune to the Yorkshire Television show, At Home with the Braithwaites.
Following Travelator, the Egg began exploring the new directions. Following their Mellowmania EP in 2002, they were signed by Bar de Lune Records, a subsidiary of Beechwood Music. Beechwood folded the following year just before a return with their new album, Forwards, (produced by Benji Vaughan) and subsequently released on Squarepeg Records in 2004.
The single "Walking Away" (featuring Sophie Barker of Zero 7) was released in 2005, and further remixes commissioned by licensees. This became a crossover hit, and spawned the bootleg by David Guetta, "Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)", to reach #3 in the UK Singles Chart in August 2006.
In 2007 they toured Australia and Brazil for the 1st time playing most major cities in each country.
In 2008, The Egg contributed the song "Trails and Tribulations" to the Songs for Survival Survival International charity album, and later in the year they played at Camp Bisco 7 in New York. They also toured the United States extensively in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
They have recently completed a new album called "Something To Do" on Squarepeg Records which is due for release in August 2012. The 1st single from the album is 'Catch', which will be well known to audiences who have seen them live in the last couple of years and this was released on 8 July 2012.
- Ned Scott (Keyboards)
- Maff Scott (Drums)
- Paul Marshall (Bass)
- Matt White (Guitar)
- Drew Thane (Touring guitarist in US 2009)
- Todd Graft / Max Hattler (Video and Projections)
- Shaun Hunter (Sound Engineer)
- 1996 Albumen
- 1998 Travelator
- 1999 Get Some Mixes Together
- 2004 Forwards
- 2006 Forwards Special Edition
- 2012 Something To Do
- 2008 Live at Cargo
- 2009 Live at Camp Bisco
- 2009 Live in Saint Louis (video)
- 1995 Get Some Money Together featuring remix by Fila Brazilia, Heights of Abraham, Statik Sound System
- 1995 Shopping EP
- 2003 Mellowmania
- 1997 "Bend" - Fila Brazilia mixes etc.
- 1997 "Get Some Money to Get Her" (Discovery USA)
- 1998 "Getting Away With It" - mixes by Rollo Armstrong, streetlife originals - #56 UK
- 1999 "Hey Charlie" - mixes by Next men
- 2006 "Walking Away" - mixes by Grand National, Dusty Kid Pop and Tocadisco
- 2006 "Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)" vs. David Guetta - #3 UK
- 2007 "Nothing" - mixes by Cicada, Dusty Kid Pop and Plimsol
- 2012 "Catch" - mixes by Psychemagik, The C90s, Hurukan and Tom Laroye