|Directed by||Seb Hunter|
|Produced by||Seb Hunter
|Written by||Seb Hunter|
Crater (Incidental music)
The film is being produced by British author and musician Seb Hunter and partner Owen Oakeshott and is currently set for release in 2014. The film has so far not been acknowledged or sanctioned by Kiss or their management.
In April 2014, a new, synthetic variant of the bird-flu virus (H5N1) was 'accidentally' released into South East England by American pharmaceutical giant Blackwell Corp, as a consequence of which, 99.9% of the local population perished.
Ten years after this unprecedented catastrophe, in the continued absence of any centralised infrastructure, Blackwell (Steve Webster) himself now personally oversees the remaining 0.1% with his own, heavily armed, roving Priesthood.
The Citizenship's highest honour is to become one of the Chosen - the latest of whom, just a boy (Billy Mackie), who must be escorted from the West Country across the deserted English countryside by Father Morpheus (Owen Oakeshott), to Blackwell's laboratory on the Isle of Wight.
But the English countryside is far from deserted, and Father Morpheus drinks a lot of whiskey. He claims there's an alternative, but then he says a lot of strange things. When there's no one left to ask, who exactly are you supposed to trust?
So far the cast consists of the following actors according to the official website. 
- Owen Oakeshott as Father Morpheus
- David Knox-Williams as Father Cerberus
- Christopher Sciueref as Father Dedalus
- Billy Mackie as The Boy
- Megan West as Isabel
- Alastair Thomson Mills as Boris
- Reuben Hunter as The Young Boy
- Steve Webster as Mr. Blackwell
On November 16, 2011 it was announced that pre-production had begun on an independently produced adaptation of Music from “The Elder” . English author/musician Seb Hunter said that he was beginning to write a screenplay based upon Gene Simmons’ original concept and is producing the film himself alongside producer Owen Oakeshott. In order to finance the film, the producers have asked for donations from the public through The Elder official site. In return for a donation, the donors name will appear in the films credits. It is approximated that the overall budget for the film will be £30,000.
Mentorn Media have also begun work on a documentary titled, Exhuming the Elder which follows the independent filmmakers behind the scenes as they attempt to bring the Elder concept to fruition.
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2013)|
- Horsfield, Martin (21 January 2012). "(Music From) The Elder gets a celluloid Kiss of life". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Taylor, Neil (28 November 2011). "Music From The Elder: Can Seb Hunter Make The Kiss Movie That Never Was?". Sabotage Times. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Cast & Crew". Elderthemovie.com. 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Our Blog". Elderthemovie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Fund The Movie". Elderthemovie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- [dead link]