The Elephant Whisperer
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Country||United Kingdom, United States|
|Publisher||Pan Macmillan (London), Thomas Dunne/St Martin's Press (New York)|
The Elephant Whisperer published in April 2009 by Pan Macmillan in London and in July 2009 by Thomas Dunne/St Martin's Press in New York, is the second book written by South African author and conservationist Lawrence Anthony along with journalist Graham Spence. It follows Babylon's Ark, the incredible wartime rescue of the Baghdad Zoo. This bestselling book tells the story of a herd of wild African elephants on an African game reserve. The herd is destined to be shot for dangerous behaviour when Anthony intervenes to try to save their lives.
Marc Bekoff. Author of The emotional lives of animals. Anthony has made a difference in the lives of many magnificent animals who would otherwise have been lost to the world. When you are feeling down and out and ready to give up, read this inspiring book and share it widely with others.
Ralph Helfer. Author of Modoc. In my thirty five years studying man/animal communication I have met only a few individuals who have the ability to enter into the metaphysical realm of the exotic animal. Lawrence Anthony has been there and back. The Elephant Whisperer is a true reflection of his ability to be at one with the pachyderms.
Irene M Pepperberg. Author of Alex and me. A lovingly written tale of close encounters, some beautiful, some frightening, with humans and non humans alike. Anthony’s story of his trials and tribulations in preserving a herd of African elephants is a parable.
- In French: Anthony & Spence (2011). L'homme qui murmurait à l'oreille des éléphants (369 pages), Edition les 3 génies. ISBN 2917952075, ISBN 9782917952078
- In German: Anthony & Spence (2010). Der Elefantenflüsterer: Mein Leben mit den sanften Riesen und was sie mir beibrachten (440 pages), MVG Verlag. ISBN 3864152283, ISBN 9783864152283
- In Italian: Anthony & Spence (2010). L'uomo che Parlava agli Elefanti (329 pages), Newton Compton. ISBN 9788854121058
- In Chinese: Anthony & Spence (2010). 跟大象說話的人 : 大象與我的非洲原野生活 / Gen da xiangshuo hua de ren : da xiang yu wo de fei zhou yuan ye sheng huo (394 pages), 博雅書屋, Taibei Shi : Bo ya shu wu. ISBN 9789866614958, ISBN 9866614956, OCLC 727634001
- Bent, Nancy (1 November 2009). "Untitled [review of The Elephant Whisperer, by Lawrence Anthony]". Booklist: 9.
- Selwyn, Laurie (1 May 2013). "Untitled [review of The Elephant Whisperer (audio edition), by Lawrence Anthony]". Library Journal 138 (8): 50.
- Schaefer, Edell M. (1 November 2009). "Untitled [review of The Elephant Whisperer, by Lawrence Anthony]". Library Journal 134 (18): 85–86.
- Anonymous (1 September 2009). "Untitled [review of The Elephant Whisperer, by Lawrence Anthony]". Kirkus Reviews 77 (17).
|This article about a book on zoology or animals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|