The Eleventh Tiger
|Doctor Who book|
|The Eleventh Tiger|
|Series||Past Doctor Adventures|
Ian, Barbara, and Vicki
|Writer||David A. McIntee|
|Set between||Byzantium! and The Web Planet|
|Number of pages||287|
|Release date||May 2004|
The Eleventh Tiger is a BBC Books original novel written by David A. McIntee and based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features the First Doctor, Ian, Barbara, and Vicki.
It is China in 1865. Strife and rebellion rock the land. Trying to maintain order is the British Empire and the martial arts expert, the Ten Tigers of Canton. Adding to the confusion is the impossibility of many people already knowing Ian.
Although it is never expressly identified, various clues suggest that the energy being the Doctor and his allies faced here was the Mandragora Helix, which fought the Fourth Doctor in the fifteenth century in The Masque of Mandragora; the Tenth Doctor confirmed its presence here when he faced Mandragora again in the New Series Adventures novel Beautiful Chaos.
- The Eleventh Tiger at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - The Eleventh Tiger
- The Eleventh Tiger at The TARDIS Library
- The Eleventh Tiger reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- The Eleventh Tiger reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
- The Doctor's Timeline at The Whoniverse gives support for this placement (including specific placement relative to other spin-off media).
- Cover blurb only specifies the Doctor's incarnation and companions.
|This Doctor Who-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This BBC-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|