|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
The Embers: (L-R) Michael Attard, Mark Vincent, Leonardo Martinez, Katy Humphries, Joel Delphin, Stu van Riel.
|Origin||Launceston, Tasmania, Australia|
|Genres||Fusion, roots, Latin, folk, rock, groove|
|Website||The Embers Homepage|
The Embers are an Australian six piece roots-fusion band based in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia. Musically the band draws on several genres including classical, jazz, folk, country and traditional Mexican music.
The band was formed by friends late in 2005 to compete in the National Campus Band Competition.
‘…The Embers were tight and original - I loved the Panpipes and the Charango guitar, Violin and stand-up-Bass-what a combo.’ - Sauce, Tasmanian Entertainment Press, Dec ‘05
The Embers have twice played the Falls Festival, were a part of MS Fest 2006 and in Jan 2007 played the Cygnet Folk Festival. They also performed at the inaugural International Southern Roots Festival in Hobart April 2007.
In October 2006 they travelled to Sydney where they competed in the National Campus Band Competition, winning the National title (previous entrants’ include The Vines, Eskimo Joe, George and The Vasco Era).
- Michael Attard - Acoustic Guitar / Lead Vocals
- Joel Delphin - Drums / Percussion / Vocals
- Katy Humphries - Saxophone / Violin
- Leonardo Martinez - Panflutes /Andean Flutes/ Charango/ Vocals
- Stu van Riel - Electric Bass / Double Bass
- Mark Vincent - Electric Guitar
- Michael Woods - Trumpet
- The Embers (2007)
- "Sauce Entertainment Press". Sauce Entertainment Press. 2007. Archived from the original on 2006-08-20. Retrieved 2007-06-01.
- "The Embers". Southern Roots. 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-07.[dead link]
- "Success has The Embers glowing". The Examiner. 2006. Retrieved 2007-03-25.[dead link]
- "Embers find flame and glory". The Mercury. 2006. Retrieved 2006-11-06.[dead link]