The Errand Boy
|The Errand Boy|
1961 Theatrical Poster
|Directed by||Jerry Lewis|
|Produced by||Ernest D. Gluscksman|
|Written by||Jerry Lewis
|Music by||Walter Scharf|
|Cinematography||W. Wallace Kelley|
|Editing by||Stanley E. Johnson|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Release dates||November 28, 1961 (US)|
|Running time||92 minutes|
The Errand Boy is a 1961 American comedy film directed, co-written and starring Jerry Lewis.
Paramutual Pictures decides that they need a spy to find out the inner workings of their studio. Morty Tashman (Jerry Lewis) is a paperhanger who happens to be working right outside their window. They decide that he is the man for the job and hire him on the spot. He bumbles his way through a series of misadventures, reporting everything back to the corporate executives.
- Jerry Lewis as Morty S. Tashman
- Brian Donlevy as Tom "T.P." Paramutual
- Howard McNear as Dexter Sneak
- Dick Wesson as The A. D.
- Robert Ivers as Young NY director who argues with T.P.
- Pat Dahl as Miss Carson
- Renée Taylor as Miss Giles
- Rita Hayes as Singer who dubs Davitt
- Stanley Adams as Grumpy
- Kathleen Freeman as Mrs. Helen Paramutual / Mrs. T.P.
- Isobel Elsom as Irma Paramutual
- Sig Ruman as Baron Elston Carteblanche
- Felicia Atkins as Serina
- Doodles Weaver as Weaver
- Fritz Feld as Roaring 20's Director
- Dick Bakaylan as "The Studio Director". (Uncredited)
- Cast notes
- The cast of the western TV series Bonanza makes a cameo appearance, and Joe Besser, a former member of the Three Stooges, has a bit part.
Production and releases
- The Errand Boy was filmed from July 24 to September 1, 1961
- The film was released on November 28, 1961 by Paramount Pictures
- It was re-released on a double bill with another Jerry Lewis film, Cinderfella in 1967
- The film was released on DVD on October 12, 2004.
- The Errand Boy at the Internet Movie Database
- The Errand Boy at the TCM Movie Database
- The Errand Boy at AllMovie
|This film article about a 1960s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|