The Exile – An Outlander Graphic Novel
The Exile (An Outlander Graphic Novel) is the first graphic novel based on the Outlander series of novels by Diana Gabaldon. The script was written by Diana Gabaldon. The artwork was created by artist Hoang Nguyen. The Outlander series is categorized as mainstream fiction, but may be categorized as multiple genres including historical fiction, science fiction (due to time travel in storylines), romance and fantasy.
This graphic novel features characters from Outlander, Gabaldon's first novel, including:
- Claire Beauchamp Randall: a 20th-century Englishwoman. The story's protagonist, Claire served as a nurse in World War II. After an encounter with a stone circle, she finds herself transported through time to the Scottish Highlands in the mid-18th century.
- James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser: a young Scot from the mid-18th century, also known as "Jamie."
- Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser: A loyal member of the Clan MacKenzie/Fraser. He has sworn to protect Jamie since he was an infant.
The Exile is loosely based on Outlander, the first novel in Diana Gabaldon's best-selling series of seven novels. Gabaldon says that readers familiar with Outlander "will recognize many of the major events of the story, but there's a completely new story line woven through and around them. The story is told largely from Murtagh's point of view, and he, of course, saw and knew many things that Claire didn't."
- "Fiction Book Review: The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel". PublishersWeekly.com. August 23, 2010. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- How the Outlander Series Started. by Diana Gabaldon.
- About the artist, Hoang Nguyen.
- Diana Gabaldon's home page
- Sample pages from The Exile. From Diana Gabaldon's blog. Listed by permission of the artist and publisher.
- Release date and launch party are scheduled for September 21, 2010, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
|This article about a novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|