The Far Islands and Other Tales of Fantasy
Cover of the first edition
|Cover artist||Larry Dickison|
|Genre||Fantasy short stories|
|Publisher||Donald M. Grant, Publisher|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|LC Class||PR6003.U13 F37 1984|
The Far Islands and Other Tales of Fantasy is a collection of fantasy short stories by John Buchan and edited by John Bell. It was first published in 1984 by Donald M. Grant, Publisher in an edition of 1,100 copies. The stories originally appeared in the magazines Blackwood's, The Atlantic Monthly, The Pall Mall Magazine and Adventure.
- "John Buchan: Adventurer on the Borderland", by John Bell
- "The Grove of Ashtaroth" (The Moon Endureth, 1912)
- "The Outgoing of the Tide" (The Atlantic Monthly, January 1902; The Watcher in the Shadows, 1901)
- "Skule Skerry" (Adventure (US), 15 April 1928; The Pall Mall Magazine, (UK) May 1928; The Runagates Club, 1928)
- "The Far Islands" (Blackwood's Magazine, November 1899; The Watcher in the Shadows, 1901)
- "The Wind in the Portico" (The Pall Mall Magazine, March 1928; The Runagates Club, 1928)
- "No-Man’s-Land" (Blackwood's Magazine, January 1899; The Watcher in the Shadows, 1901)
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento (2007-11-20). "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 330.