The Firebird Band
|The Firebird Band|
|Genres||Indie rock, electro, experimental, rock|
|Labels||Lucid, The Mintaka Conspiracy, Headhunter/Cargo Music, Bifocal Media|
|Past members||Riley Broach (1996-1998)
Chris Wilson (1996-1999)
Pablo Gammeri (1999)
Todd Finkel (2000)
Steve Lamos (2000)
Ben Wilson (2000)
Andy Hawthorne (2000-2001)
Sebastian Paquet (2001)
Erik Bocek (2001)
John Isberg (2001-2005)
Jess Gronewold (2004-2005)
Chris Camden (2005)
Robert Bock (2005-2006)
The Firebird Band is an indie rock band hailing from Chicago, Illinois. The band was created as a side project by Chris Broach, of Braid notoriety, and his brother Riley Broach in 1996. The band's first endeavor was the 7" titled New York under the name of The Firebird Suite which was released in 1998. The band became a full-time project for Chris Broach following Braid's disbandment in 1999.
The Firebird Band Bio
- In 2003, Broach met Znavor when they were both part of another band called Life at Sea. Broach joined as a guitarist and keyboardist, and Znavor was already the drummer.
- In 2004, Broach left Life at Sea to do a reunion tour for Braid, and then to begin to focus again on finishing The Firebird Band's newest album - The City at Night with John Isberg.
- In 2005, Znavor moved on and joined as a full-time member in time to play the Vans Warped Tour, CMJ Music Marathon, and a few other high profile shows that year. At that time, The Firebird Band had just signed on with The Underground Management in NYC. The band remains with The Underground Management to this day.
- In 2006, as the band was going through a line-up change, Znavor suggested that they bring on Mike Marsden to complete the new line-up. Marsden (of Mathlete, and The New Constitution) joined the band and began immediately contributing to the writing process of the new album.
- Currently, the band is in the studio and rehearsing to record and finish a new album by the end of this year to be released on Lucid Records.
- In 2001, Alternative Press named The Firebird Band in the top 100 bands to know.
- The Firebird Suite - New York 7" (1998) - The Mintaka Conspiracy
- The Firebird Project - Feel Alright CD EP (1999) - The Mintaka Conspiracy
- The Firebird Band - The Setting Sun and Its Satellites (2000) - The Mintaka Conspiracy & Cargo/Headhunter
- The Firebird Band - The Drive EP (2001) - Cargo/Headhunter
- The Firebird Suite - Archives' (December 1, 2003) - Lucid Records
- The Firebird Band - The City at Night (October, 2004) - Lucid Records/Bifocal Media
- The Firebird Band - Say Hello 7" EP (2010) - Mind Over Matter Records
- The Firebird Band - Say Hello EP digital (2010) - City at Night Records
- The Firebird Band - Green EP (2011) - This Year is Better Music 
Digital only releases
- The Firebird Band - Another Incarnation (2006) - City at Night Records (unreleased as of now)
- The Firebird Band - The Setting Sun and Its Satellites Reissue and Remastered (2010) - City at Night Records
- The Firebird Band - The Drive CD EP Remastered (2010) - City at Night Records
- Riley Broach - (of I am the Earth Made for Man) played on the New York 7" and The Firebird Band Archives.
- Chris Wilson - (of Ted Leo and the Pharmacists) played on the New York 7" and The Firebird Project and The Firebird Band Archives.
- Pablo Gammeri - (of Runner) played on The Firebird Project.
- Todd Finkel - played drums on tracks 1-11 of the The Setting Sun and Its Satellites.
- Andy Hawthorne - (of SacHead, and Pilot On Hiatus) played on The Drive and played guitar on tracks 2, 8-11 on The Setting Sun and Its Satellites
- Sebastian Paquet - played on The Drive.
- Erik Bocek - (of Joan of Arc, Ghosts and Vodka) bass on tracks 2, 8-11 on The Setting Sun and Its Satellites.
- Steve Lamos - (of American Football) played drum with The Firebird Band in 2000 and recorded on Another Incarnation.
- Ben Wilson - (of Back of Dave) played bass with The Firebird Band in 2000 and recorded on Another Incarnation.
- John Isberg - (of The International Theatre of War, and The Blackouts) co-wrote, played bass, keyboards, sequencers, and even some backing vocals on The City at Night.
- Jess Gronewold - (of Mania TV) played keyboards and sang backups on tour with The Firebird Band in 2004 and 2005, and though a full time member, never made it onto any recordings.
- Chris Camden - (of Liar's Academy and Cross My Heart) toured with The Firebird Band in 2005 and recorded bass on demos of 3 of the songs (unreleased) from the upcoming album this FALL 2007.
- Robert Bock - (of Monday's Hero and Of The Opera) toured with The Firebird Band in 2005/2006 and recorded guitars and keyboards on demos of 3 of the songs (unreleased) from the upcoming album this FALL 2007.
Other People Involved
- Rob Kellenberger (of Duvall, Tuesday, and Slapstick) - plays live drums on The City At Night.
- Chris Common - (of These Arms ar Snakes) played live drums on "Wake Up" from The City At Night.
- Roy Ewing (of Braid and Very Secretary) - played live drums on "The Runway" and "Distance" from The Drive.
- Aaron Barr - (of You In Midair and The Love And The Debt) composed the bass lines and played bass on "The Drive", "The Runaway", and "Distance" from The Drive.
- Elizabeth Black (aka Suzy Broach) - vocals on "The Deeper I Go, the Darker It Gets", "Dangerous", and "Can't Stop" from The City At Night.
- JB and Urban Myth (of Kerbloki) - perform and rhyme on "Wake Up" from The City At Night.
- Seth Fein* (of Absinthe Blind) - touring drummer summer 2001