The First Kiss (film)
|The First Kiss|
|Directed by||Rowland V. Lee|
|Written by||John Farrow|
|Based on||Four Brothers
by Tristram Tupper
|Editing by||Lee Helen|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Running time||60 minutes (6 reels)|
The First Kiss is a 1928 American silent romantic-drama film directed by Rowland V. Lee and starring Fay Wray and Gary Cooper. Based on the short story Four Brothers by Tristram Tupper, the film is about a Chesapeake Bay fisherman who turns to pirating in order to be rich enough to marry a society girl.
- Fay Wray as Anna Lee
- Gary Cooper as Mulligan Talbot
- Lane Chandler as William Talbot
- Leslie Fenton as Carol Talbot
- Paul Fix as Ezra Talbot
- Malcolm Williams as Pap
- Monroe Owsley as Other Suitor
- Hall, Mordaunt (August 28, 1928). "First Kiss (1928)". The New York Times. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- The American Film Institute Catalog Feature Films: 1921-30. The American Film Institute, c.1971.
- The First Kiss at silentera.com
- The First Kiss at Arne Andersen's Lost Film Files: Paramount Pictures 1928