The First Step
|"The First Step"|
|Single by Tracy Byrd|
|from the album No Ordinary Man|
|B-side||"No Ordinary Man"|
|Released||November 15, 1994|
|Writer(s)||Doug Crider, Verlon Thompson|
|Tracy Byrd singles chronology|
"The First Step" is the title of a song written by Doug Crider and Verlon Thompson, and recorded by American country music artist Tracy Byrd. It was released in November 1994 as the third single from the album No Ordinary Man. The song reached #5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that the song continues Byrd's pattern of two-step cliches, but that he manages to "inject more than enough spirit to get this one over." Price concludes that Byrd was "born to sing this stuff." 
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||82|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 73. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, November 19, 1994
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. February 20, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Tracy Byrd Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tracy Byrd.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|