The Flintstones' New Neighbors
|The Flintstones' New Neighbors|
|Directed by||Carl Urbano|
Jean Vander Pyl
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original airing||September 26, 1980|
|Preceded by||The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone (1979)|
|Followed by||Fred's Final Fling (1980)|
The Flintstones' New Neighbors was a 30-minute episode that was part of "The Flintstone Special" limited-run prime time television revival of The Flintstones produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions which aired on NBC on September 26, 1980.
In 1981, the episode was nominated for an Emmy Award as Outstanding Individual Achievement - Animated Programming.
The Flintstones meet their strange next-door neighbors, The Frankenstones.
The Frankenstone family featured on this special was a different version of the Frankenstones from the episode "Fred and Barney Meet the Frankenstones" of The New Fred and Barney Show.
The new Frankenstone family members are:
- Frank Frankenstone
- Oblivia Frankenstone, his wife
- Hidea Frankenstone, their daughter
- Frankenstub "Stubby" Frankenstone, their son
A friendship develops between the Flintstones and the Frankenstones, not unlike the rivalry that would be depicted later between Fred and Frank on The Flintstone Comedy Show.
- Henry Corden - Fred Flintstone
- Mel Blanc - Barney Rubble
- Jean Vander Pyl - Wilma Flintstone, Pebbles Flintstone
- Gay Autterson - Betty Rubble
- Don Messick - Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- John Stephenson - Frank Frankenstone
- Pat Parris - Oblivia Frankenstone
- Jim MacGeorge - Frankenstub "Stubby" Frankenstone
- Julie McWhirter - Hidea Frankenstone
- Executive in Charge of Production: Margaret Loesch
- Director: Carl Urbano
- Story: Willie Gilbert
- Story Direction: Alex Lovy
- Recording Director: Alex Lovy
- Voices: Gay Autterson, Mel Blanc, Henry Corden, Jim MacGeorge, Julie McWhirter, Don Messick, Pat Parris, John Stephenson, Jean Vander Pyl, Frank Welker
- Graphics: Iraj Paran, Tom Wogatzke
- Musical Director: Hoyt Curtin
- Musical Supervisor: Paul DeKorte
- Character Design: Bob Singer, Don Morgan
- Layout: Angel Izquierdo
- Animation: Alberto Conejo, Julio Diez, Miguel A. Fuertes, Manuel G. Galiana, Roberto Marcano, Matias Marcos, Ezequiel Martin, Pedro Mohedano, Pedro J. Molina, Mariano Rueda
- Backgrounds: Francisco Albert, Marcial Del Cerro, Andres Hernandez
- Xerography: Javier Alfonso, Jose A. Moreno
- Ink and Paint Supervision: Carmen Moreno
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson
- Camera: Raul Garcia, Santiago Gomez
- Supervising Film Editor: Larry C. Cowan
- Film Editor: Emiliano Diaz
- Dubbing Supervisor: Pat Foley
- Music Editors: Joe Sandusky, Terry Moore
- Effects Editors: Daniels McLean, Cecil Broughton, Michael Bradley, Catherine McKenzie
- Show Editor: Gil Iverson
- Negative Consultant: William E. DeBoer
- Production Supervisors: Carlos Alfonso, Juan Pina
- Post Production Supervisor: Joed Eaton
- Producer: Alex Lovy
- Executive Producers: Joseph Barbera and William Hanna
- A Hanna-Barbera Production
- This Picture Made Under the Juridiction of IATSE-IA Affiliated with A.F.L.-C.I.O.
- © 1980 Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
Home media releases
On October 9, 2012, Warner Archive released The Flintstones' New Neighbors on DVD in region 1 as part of their Hanna–Barbera Classics Collection, in a release entitled The Flintstones- Prime-Time Specials Collection, Volume 2. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and Amazon.com.
- The Flintstones DVD news: Warner Archive Releases 4 Titles with Prime-Time Specials or Telefilms | TVShowsOnDVD.com
- The Flintstones' New Neighbors at the Internet Movie Database
- The Flintstones' New Neighbors @ The Big Cartoon DataBase