The Fluff Constructivists
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
The Fluff Constructivists (also known as the Fluff Construct) collaborative art entity began in 2000 in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Principal members Ethan Kruszka and Mikel Bisbee-Durlam combine elements of phantasmagoria with post-situationist interventions in order to create images, scenes and experiences at times reminiscent of regional museum dioramas and B-grade horror films. Fluff Constructivism draws from modern strains of formalism, post-minimalism and the dangerous realm of county fair aesthetics.
In recent years, a special collaboration has existed between the Fluff Construct and Shawn Cheatham of Q & A Productions.
- gift by/as/for location. IA, MN, NY, FL, 2001-2
- transatlantic (in orange). NY, FL, IL, Netherlands, 2002-3
- Parumpa and the Uber-Decoration. FL, 2003-4
- Stages in Short Gasps. FL, NY, 2004
- Thornton Biennial (and 2004's Kruszka Pavilion). IA, 2004-ongoing
- Enter Starbreath (with the Meme-Rider Media Team). FL, 2005 
- Frontiers At Dawn. FL, 2005-6 
- October Funeral. FL, 2006
- The Bats Will Cum: The Drain/ The Bats Will Cum: Antecedents. FL, 2007
- The Black Black. Romania, 2007
- Motion Picture (never to see the light of day). AK, 2008