The Forever War (non-fiction book)
|Publisher||Alfred A. Knopf|
As a foreign correspondent for The New York Times, Dexter Filkins has covered the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001. He has been a finalist for a Pulitzer Prize and a winner of a George Polk Award and two Overseas Press Club Awards.
The book made the New York Times Book Review list of "10 Best Books of 2008" as chosen by the paper's editors, and was awarded the 2008 National Book Critics Circle Award in General Nonfiction. It was named one of the best nonfiction books of the year by among others The New York Times, Amazon.com, The Washington Post, Time magazine and the Boston Globe.
- "The 10 Best Books of 2008". New York Times. 3 December 2008.
- "The 10 Best Books of 2008". New York Times. December 3, 2008. Retrieved May 30, 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Best of 2008: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
- "Best Books of 2008". The Washington Post.
- "The Top 10 Everything Of 2008". Time. 3 November 2008.
- Kenney, Michael (December 7, 2008). "Getting the goods - nonfiction: A guide to the most memorable titles of 2008, from entertaining to inspiring". Boston Globe. Retrieved May 30, 2011.
- "Norwich Gives Colby Award To Marcus Luttrell and Dexter Filkins | www.thenorthfieldnews.com | Northfield News | www.thenorthfieldnews.com | Northfield News". M.thenorthfieldnews.com. 2009-04-09. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
|This article about a military-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the military of Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the military of Afghanistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the military of Iraq is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|