The Freedonia Group
|Headquarters||767 Beta Dr. Cleveland Ohio 44143|
|Products||Syndicated Industry Studies; Customized Research Projects; Focus Reports|
The Freedonia Group is an international industry market research firm headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. The company, whose name was inspired by the Marx Brothers' film Duck Soup, publishes over 100 off-the-shelf studies annually that contain market projections, company profiles, and major mergers and acquisitions in the industry.
The Freedonia Group was founded in 1985 by Bill Weiss in Cleveland, Ohio. In 2001, Freedonia Custom Research, Inc was established as a wholly owned subsidiary, which provides research and analysis beyond the scope of a typical off-the-shelf study. Custom projects are done at the request of companies or individuals looking for a more specific or more in-depth research report. In 2003, The Freedonia Group introduced Freedonia Focus Reports Collection, a subscription based offering, which contains information similar to that in the off-the-shelf studies, but in a more condensed version. In 2012, the Company’s Focus Reports Collection was made available on EBSCO Publishing. In 2005, the company opened an office in Beijing, China. The Company now publishes China specific industry studies.
Since its inception in 1985, The Freedonia Group has published more than 3,000 off-the-shelf studies covering industries mostly in the US and China, but reports do cover countries all over the world such as "Iran or Nigeria". Industries covered by the company include: building and construction, the environment, and industrial and manufacturing. Each industry study contains information on market trends, market composition and market leaders; the study also provides a 10-year outlook for demand in the industry.
- Krouse, Peter. 12/31/2002 "Marx Brothers inspired Mayfield firm's name, but its work is no joke" The Plain Dealer
- Online Business Sourcebook (8th Totally Revised Addition). edited by Oksana Newman (2007) pg.224 "Feedonia Industry Studies" http://books.google.com/books?id=BYfi42ZTLZUC&pg=PA224&dq=the+freedonia+group&hl=en&sa=X&ei=oJjRUb3yD8q50QHPwIDQAg&ved=0CEkQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=freedonia&f=false
- Schleis, Paula (2007)"Freedonia Group Stay on top of industry trends" Akron Beacon Journal http://www.ohio.com/business/freedonia-group-stays-on-top-of-industry-trends-1.66613
- "EBSCO Discovery Service™ Customers Gain Access to Industry Insights and Analysis Due to Agreement with The Freedonia Group, Inc." 5/22/2012 http://www.ebscohost.com/newsroom/stories/ebsco-discovery-service-customers-gain-access-to-industry-insights-due-to-a
- Highbeam Business (2005)"Freedonia Group Opens Office in China" http://business.highbeam.com/436102/article-1G1-131860170/freedonia-group-opens-office-china
- Pagell, A.Ruth, Halperin Michael, International Business Information: How to Find It, How to Use It (Second Edition) pp. 234-235 "Freedonia" http://books.google.com/books?id=9CDkYNXyXUEC&pg=PA426&lpg=PA426&dq=freedonia+group+business+research+source&source=bl&ots=cHmWSd5Q93&sig=ozNfxMSBe03VPU8P6pgR3s3rMm8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=z5jRUYHVMcqa0QHFhYHQBA&ved=0CF4Q6AEwBTgU#v=onepage&q=freedonia&f=false