|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, Electronica, Ambient|
The Frequency are an independent rock band from Los Angeles, CA. Marc Cazorla and Alex Stiff are the core songwriting and recording duo behind the music and use an array of analog and vintage instruments in creating sounds that have been described by NME as "stripped back music strengthened by simplicity as much as beauty". Q Magazine has given the new release "Morning to 3 A.M." 3 out of 4 stars and hails the band as "able to form perfectly crafted Air-like synth-pop while also stretching their wings on the 17 minute ever-shifting psych rock track 'Ego Is the Drug/3 A.M.'
The Frequency have recently signed a worldwide publishing deal with Chrysalis Music in the UK and the song "Jim Gordon Part II" has been heard all over the globe due to being licensed for a yearlong BlackBerry television commercial campaign. Music from The Frequency can also be found in major motion pictures and television shows.
Inspired by music from Pink Floyd, Air, Can, and Spiritualized, the live show adds another level of intensity to the music. They have shared the stage with artists as diverse as Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Bravery, Primus, Matisyahu, Mutemath, and Lotus. The show has been described as an audio/visual feast for the senses and led Quebec City's Live Daily newspaper to declare "The Frequency should be on every rock fan's radar."
The Frequency's "Jim Gordon Part II" was nominated for the 7th Annual Independent Music Awards for Jam Song of the year.
- Marc Cazorla - Fender Rhodes, Moog, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals
- Alex Stiff - Guitars, Vocals, Bass, Keyboards
- Mark Quinn - drums, sampler
EPs and Albums
- 2010 - Absence of Giants - TBA spring 2010
- 2009 - Morning to 3am EP - Trussed Recordings
- 2008 - We Are the Same Machine - self release
- 2007 - The Frequency EP - Ropeadope Digital
- Explorations: Classic Picante Regrooved - 2006 - Concord Records
Appearances in media
- Their song "Why Do I Fear?" is featured in the final scene and end credits of "Across the Line: The Exodus of Charlie Wright" starring Andy Garcia, Aidan Quinn, & Gina Gershon
- In January 2010 "Sanity Overture" was featured in an episode of BBC's Being Human (TV series)
- Their song "Stars" is featured in Lions Gate's 2008 film "The Eye". It plays in the final scene and during the end credits.
- The Song "Jim Gordon Part 2" appears in a Blackberry commercial
- NME Free Download Mar 10
- NME Free Download Oct 09
- NME Review July 09
- DMC Update Album Of The Week July 09
- Live Daily Quebec International Summer Music Festival Review
- Ropeadope Digital Website