The Frost Place
The Frost Place in 2008
Franconia, New Hampshire,
|NRHP Reference #|||
|Added to NRHP||November 30, 1976|
Frost and his family lived in the house from 1915 to 1920, and spent their summers there for nearly twenty years. The Frost Place was founded in 1976 when the farm was purchased by the town of Franconia, restored, and given its name, opening as a museum in 1977. Since 1977, The Frost Place has awarded a resident poet award to an emerging American poet, which includes a stipend and the opportunity to live and write in the house during the summer. The Frost Place also sponsors a Conference on Poetry, a Poetry Seminar, and a Conference on Poetry and Teaching.. The Conference on Poetry is directed by poet Martha Rhodes. The Poetry Seminar is directed by poet Patrick Donnelly. The Conference on Poetry and Teaching is directed by poet Dawn Potter; associate director is poet Teresa Carson.
A board of trustees assumed responsibility for the management of the museum and associated programs, and Donald Sheehan served as executive director until 2005. In 2006, the trustees appointed Jim Schley to be Sheehan's successor. From the fall of 2008 until April 2011 the trustees managed The Frost Place. In April 2011, Maudelle Driskell was named executive director.
|1981||Mary Jo Salter|
|1998||Sue Ellen Thompson|
|2001||B. H. Fairchild|
|2011||K. A. Hays|
|2013||Nicole Terez Dutton|
- Robert Frost Farm (Derry, New Hampshire)
- Robert Frost Farm (Ripton, Vermont)
- Robert Frost House, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Grafton County, New Hampshire
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "About". The Frost Place. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- "Poetry Landmark: The Frost Place in Franconia, NH - Poets.org - Poetry, Poems, Bios & More". Poets.org. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- Font size Print E-mail Share (2000-07-06). "The Road To The Frost Place - CBS Sunday Morning". CBS News. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- "Frost Place Resident Poet Award". Poets & Writers. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- "ShawGuides: The Frost Place Poetry Conferences". Writing.shawguides.com. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- "WC&C Member- The Frost Place". Writersconf.org. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- "Schley Named New Executive Director of Frost Place | www.rherald.com | Randolph Herald". www.rherald.com. 2006-03-09. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- The Frost Place website
- Poem: On the Porch at the Frost Place by William Matthews, The Atlantic Online, February 1982