The Game (dice game)
|Das Spiel (German name)|
|Publisher(s)||Edition Perlhuhn (1979)
|Years active||1979 to present|
|Players||1 to 6|
|Age range||8 years and up|
It contains a triangular base plate and 281 dice of four different colours, and a rule book that gives rules for some 50+ games. Most of the games are centered on building or demolishing pyramids of dice, but there are also racing games and games of skill. The game has been originally published by Diego Rodriguez (Reinhold Wittig), Göttingen, in 1979.
In his preface Wittig writes:
I've often been asked how you go about it to invent a game. I want to add one answer now. Is perhaps the best answer possible to show the many different ways of designing a game. The answer is also a challenge: Invent rules of your own to my dice pyramid.
The history of "The Game" began in 1979 with a small edition of the dice pyramid, without any rules. Today it has a large collection of rules. This is proof that many players are willing to take part in forming and creating a game.
- Glonneger, Erwin (1999). Das Spiele-Buch (in German) (Neue u. erg. A. ed.). Drei Magier Verlag. ISBN 3-9806792-0-9. Lay summary.
- "Spiel von Reinhold Wittig und anderen (1979)" (in English, German). Edition Perlhuhn. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Abacusspiele: Das Spiel" (in German). Abacusspiele. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Das Spiel - Rulebook" (PDF). Abacusspiele. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Das Spiel - Rulebook" (PDF) (in German). Abacusspiele. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Spiel des Jahres - Awards 1980" (in German). Spiel des Jahres. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
|This dice game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|