|Studio album by Lee Morgan|
|Recorded||June 25 & July 1, 1965
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Length||37:30 original LP|
|Lee Morgan chronology|
The Gigolo is an album by jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan released on the Blue Note label in 1966. It was recorded on June 25 & July 1, 1965 and features performances by Morgan with a quintet featuring Wayne Shorter, Harold Mabern, Bob Cranshaw and Billy Higgins.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4½ stars stating "There are no weak selections on this set and the playing by the leader, Wayne Shorter on tenor, pianist Harold Mabern, bassist Bob Cranshaw, and drummer Billy Higgins is beyond any serious criticism. ".
- All compositions by Lee Morgan except as indicated
- "Yes I Can, No You Can't" - 7:26
- "Trapped" - 5:59
- "Speedball" - 5:32
- "The Gigolo" - 11:07
- "You Go to My Head" (Coots, Gillespie) - 7:22
- "The Gigolo" [Alternate Take] - 10:04 Bonus track on CD
Recorded on June 25 (#2) and July 1 (all others), 1965.
- Lee Morgan - trumpet
- Wayne Shorter - tenor saxophone
- Harold Mabern - piano
- Bob Cranshaw - bass
- Billy Higgins - drums
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed November 16, 2011