The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ
The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ is a novel by Philip Pullman. Published in 2010 by Canongate Books, as part of the Canongate Myth Series, it retells the story of Jesus as if he were two people, brothers, "Jesus" and "Christ," with contrasting personalities; Jesus being a moral and godly man, and his brother Christ a calculating figure who wishes to use Jesus' legacy to found a powerful Church.
- "Philip Pullman's 'Scoundrel Christ' gets the "enhanced" treatment". The Independent (Independent Print Limited). 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- Philip Pullman creates a darker Christ in new assault on the church (retrieved 30 March 2010)
- Philip Pullman to publish novel about 'the Scoundrel Christ' (retrieved 30 March 2010)
- Gerald O’Collins, 2010, Philip Pullman’s Jesus, Darton Longman and Todd, ISBN 978-0-232-52806-0. Both books have been reviewed by Brian McClorry S.J..
- MacCulloch, Diarmaid. "All Too Human", Literary Review, retrieved 9 January 2011
- The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ website
- Review of Philip Pullman's Jesus and The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ
- Sermon given at Westminster Abbey on The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ
|This article about a 2010s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|