The Good Soldiers
The Good Soldiers is a 2009 book about the 2007 troop surge in Iraq written by David Finkel, chronicling the deployment of 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment of the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, known under the nickname "The Rangers", under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Kauzlarich.The story follows Kauzlarich as he experiences the reality of war, and loses soldiers for the first time.
- Bancroft, Colette (2009-11-20). "'The Good Soldiers' follows deployment of an infantry regiment during the Iraq War surge". St. Petersburg Times.
- Finkel, David (2010-04-06). "U.S. gunfire kills two Reuters employees in Baghdad". Washington Post.
- Finkel, David (2009-09-15). The Good Soldiers. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. ISBN 0-374-16573-4.
- Finkel, David (2009-12-10). "The Good Soldiers (excerpt)". National Public Radio.
- Abel, David (2009-10-14). "The suffering behind ‘the surge’ in Iraq". Boston Globe.
|This article about a book on military history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|