The Great Irish Bake Off
|The Great Irish Bake Off|
|Presented by||Anna Nolan|
|Judges||Biddy White Lennon
|Country of origin||Republic of Ireland|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||9|
|Location(s)||Clonabreany House, Co. Meath|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sideline Productions|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original run||19 September 2013– present|
|Related shows||The Great British Bake Off
The Great Australian Bake Off
The Great Irish Bake Off is an Irish cooking television series which premiered on TV3 on 19 September 2013. The show airs every Thursday at 21:00. The series is produced by Sideline for TV3 and is based on the successful BBC baking competition franchise. series 2 of the show will broadcast summer 2014.
The show consists of eight episodes, where each episode targets a specific style/theme of baking. For example, one episode is pastry, and another is biscuits. There are three types of bakes, and each episode includes two of them:
- The Signature Bake – Each baker creates his or her own signature version of the bake requested.
- The Technical Bake – The bakers are given a recipe which is incomplete in details (missing complete instructions, recipe weights, technique, etc.) in order to see how knowledgeable the bakers are in their craft. Unlike the other two bakes, this bake is judged blind, so the judges rank the finished products in order from worst to best without knowing which baker baked what.
- The Showstopper – The contestants must integrate deliciousness with a wow factor (generally high end presentation and skill displayed).
At the completion of the two bakes, the judges deliberate to determine which remaining baker gets eliminated and which baker was the stand-out baker. That stand-out baker is named the "Star Baker" of the week.
The Bakers (series 1)
|Aoife Nic Aonghusa||25||Kildare|
|Will De Korte||29||Limerick|
|Aoife Nic Aonghusa||SB||OUT|
|Will De Korte||SB|
|Stephen Chisholm (Winner)||SB||SB||WINNER|
- Baker was eliminated
- Baker was the Star Baker
- Baker was the series runner-up
- Baker was the series winner
- "The Great Irish Bake Off". Tv3.ie. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "TV3 showcases new talent and up-scaled plans at its 2013 Autumn Schedule Launch - TV3 Xposé Entertainment". Tv3.ie. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "The Great Irish Bake Off". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Irish Bake Off (IrishBakeOff) on Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.