The Greatest Salesman in the World
|The Greatest Salesman in the World|
The Greatest Salesman in the World is a book, written by Og Mandino, that serves as a guide to a philosophy of salesmanship, and success, telling the story of Hafid, a poor camel boy who achieves a life of abundance. The book was first published in 1968, and re-issued in 1983 by Bantam. A hardcover edition was published by Buccaneer Books in June, 1993. In 1970, Success Motivation Institute purchased the rights to produce the audio recording.
If Mandino's suggested reading structure is followed, it would take about 10 months to read the book.
The instructions are to read Scroll I (Chapter 8) three times a day for thirty days straight. Only after completing the thirty days of reading Scroll I, should you continue to Scroll II (Chapter 9) and so forth through Scroll X (Chapter 17).
The book's philosophy
Mandino composed The Legend Of The Ten Scrolls. They are:
- Scroll I - The Power of Good Habits
- Scroll II - Greet Each Day With Love In Your Heart
- Scroll III - I Will Persist Until I Succeed
- Scroll IV - You Are Nature's Greatest Miracle
- Scroll V - Live Each Day as if it Were Your Last
- Scroll VI - Master Your Emotions
- Scroll VII - The Power of Laughter
- Scroll VIII - Multiply Your Value Every Day
- Scroll IX - All is Worthless Without Action
- Scroll X - Pray to God for Guidance
His primary message was to "do it now". In the marking of Scroll IX, "I will act now" is written 18 times. While his messages did have Christian undertones (by referring to Paul as the greatest salesman in the world), it was still a message of repetitive actions to build good habits.
"You were not created for a life of idleness. You cannot eat from sunrise to sunset or drink or play or make love. Work is not your enemy but your friend. If all manners of labor were forbidden to thee you would fall to your knees and beg an early death." http://www.oocities.org/hazelleglen/success.html, ("The Greatest Success in the World", page 11, http://www.amazon.com/The-Greatest-Success-World-Mandino/dp/0553278258)
The Greatest Salesman in the World part two, the end of the story
This is a sequel to Mandino's 1967 bestselling book, published in 1988 and set back forty years later the first part; the main character Hafid is in a sad state, mourning the loss of his wife, Lisha. The story starts years into Hafid’s seclusion, when a dream convinces him to see a stranger that turns up on his doorstep and pulls Hafid out of retirement to embarke on a new adventure: a speaking tour to enlighten others about the principles enclosed in The Ten Scrolls
Actor Matthew McConaughey cited this book as having changed his life. The book is also recommended by Tariq Jameel, who says that the book should be read by everyone looking for success in their lives.
- Nicola de Corato. "The Greatest Salesman in the World part II, the end of the story http://www.tobetravelagent.com/the-ten-scrolls-pdf-the-greatest-salesman-in-the-world-part-two/".