Green room (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Green Room)
|Look up green room in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Green room is a space or facility for accommodating individuals making public appearances.
Green room may also refer to:
- Green Room (White House), one of three state parlors on first floor of White House, residence of American president; used for small receptions since edifice was completed in 1800, it is traditionally decorated in shades of green
- Green Room Club, English gentlemen's club in London; primarily for actors, but also for lovers of theatre and arts, it was established by Victorian actor-manager Sir Henry Irving in 1877 and was dissolved in 2000
- "Green room negotiations", name given to informal sessions between small groups of countries in World Trade Organization, which commenced shortly after organization's founding in January 1995
- Green Room Magazine, Australian show-business weekly, nicknamed "The Tivoli Bible", founded in 1915 by country's top theatrical entrepreneur Hugh D. McIntosh; publication lasted into early 1920s
- The Green Room (film), French somber drama, released in 1978, directed by and starring François Truffaut (his final acting role); based on Henry James' short stories "The Altar of the Dead" and "The Beast of the Jungle"
- Green Room Awards, Australian show-business honors, originated in 1982, which recognise excellence in live theatre, cabaret, dance, drama, fringe theatre, musical theatre and opera in Melbourne
- The Green Room with Paul Provenza, American television talk show which premiered in June 2010 on premium service Showtime; it features panel of guests discussing, in comedic fashion, controversial topics
- The Green Room (recording studio), American musical venue in Southern California's Huntington Beach; founded in 1983 by Gene "Eugene" Andrusco and Anna Cardenas; studio was sold and ceased operation in 2002
- The Green Room Serenade, Part One, album by American Roots music band Lost Dogs; released on BAI Records in 1996 and named after Gene Eugene's studio
- Green Room Blues, second and final album (March 2001) from American rockabilly band, The Deluxtone Rockets; two producers, Dennis Danell and Gene Eugene, died before effort was done; named after Eugene's recording studio
- The Green Room (album), debut album from American rap rocker DJ Shaky Bonez, also known as D-Loc of the Kottonmouth Kings, released in September 2001 through Suburban Noize Records
- Heineken Green Room in Singapore, by-invitation-only series of one-night events held on annual basis; started in 2002, programs aim to provide platform for attendees to explore new dimensions with fresh music performances
- The 97X Green Room, a series of benefit compilation albums by American radio station WSUN-FM
- The Nokia Green Room, British television music show on Channel 4; premiering in April 2008 and consisting of live music performances, as well as acts being monitored backstage in "The Green Room", via hidden cameras
- Green chamber
- Green Hall
- Legislative Assembly of Quebec, nicknamed "green hall" and "green chamber" for its chamber
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.