The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (video game)
|The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
Wii cover art of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy Video Game
|Developer(s)||High Voltage Software, Full Fat|
|Designer(s)||Cartoon Network Interactive|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 2 & Nintendo GameCube
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy is a fighting game based on the television series of the same name. It was developed by High Voltage Software and published by Midway. The PlayStation 2 version's DVD compatibility feature came with behind-the-scenes footage and the season one episode "Little Rock of Horror". Midway announced the game on February 15, 2005.
Grim's Mojo Balls get unleashed into Endsville, causing normal people to be infected by supernatural rage and senselessly fight each other. Billy, Mandy, Grim, and Irwin trek through locations from their episodes, such as the underworld, the pumpkin patch, and even Billy's backyard, following a trail of chicken feathers as they go. In the end it turns out that Billy is to blame for the release of the Mojo Balls (he wanted to free Moe and Joe, and Grim put a curse on his trunk that caused whoever opened it to sprout chicken tail feathers), and he is defeated by Mandy in the end credits.
The gameplay heavily mirrors that of the Power Stone series. In the game, you can execute light and heavy style attacks. Gameplay includes multiplayer, solo, and co-op Story Mode and Mission Mode. Different weapons are scattered through all the levels, such as a halberd or a club. Treasure chests contain items including weapons, cupcakes, hamhocks, and Mojo Balls that restore the player's Mojo Meter. When the Mojo Meter fills once, a Mojo Smackdown can be performed where the character attacks the opponent with a barrage of punches, kicks, and slaps, and finally a piledriver. When the Mojo Meter fills twice, a Mojo Meltdown can be performed, instantly knocking out all opponents. An opponent is not fully defeated until their lives are depleted and the player or another opponent attacks them, triggering a "finishing blow" sequence. In Story Mode, the game culminates with a battle against the brain-eating meteor from "Little Rock of Horror".
Cast and characters
The game features 15 playable characters, all of whom (with the exception of Jack) are voiced by their respective voice actors from the cartoon, and 5 horde characters:
- Billy (voiced by Richard Horvitz)
- Mandy (voiced by Grey DeLisle)
- Grim (voiced by Greg Eagles)
- Irwin (voiced by Vanessa Marshall)
- Mogar (Harold) (voiced by Richard Horvitz)
- Eris (voiced by Rachael MacFarlane)
- Nergal (voiced by Martin Jarvis)
- Fred Fredburger (voiced by C. H. Greenblatt)
- Hoss Delgado (voiced by Diedrich Bader)
- Dracula (voiced by Phil LaMarr)
- Jack O'Lantern (voiced by Maurice LaMarche instead of Wayne Knight)
- Nergal Jr. (voiced by Debi Derryberry)
- Boogey (voiced by Fred Willard)
- General Skarr (voiced by Armin Shimerman)
- Lord Pain (voiced by Henry Gibson)
- Olaf the Viking
"Weird Al" Yankovic is the announcer.
- "Midway and Cartoon Network Sign Three Multi-Territory Publishing Agreements for Games Based on Three Top-Rated Kids' Properties". Business Wire. February 15, 2005. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- Bozon, Mark (December 5, 2006). "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy". IGN. News Corporation. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (video game)|