The Gris Gris
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
The Gris Gris is an American four-piece psychedelic rock band from Oakland, California. Their name was partially inspired by the Dr. John album Gris-Gris. The group was signed to Birdman Records in 2003 after they did a gig with Birdman recording artists The Modey Lemon. Birdman owner David Katznelson was at the gig and signed the band shortly after. Vocalist/guitarist Greg Ashley is originally from Texas and also has three solo albums, Medicine Fuck Dream, Painted Garden, and Requiem Mass and Other Experiments. He also did two albums with previous band The Mirrors. They were A Green Dream and Thirteen Patient Flowers.
- Greg Ashley (formerly of the Mirrors, the Strate Coats, and currently Sir Lord Von Raven)
- Joe Haener (formerly of Battleship, The Rocknroll Adventure Kids, Blanche Devereaux. Also played in The Dodos' 2008 touring lineup.)
- Oscar Michel (formerly of the Rocknroll Adventure Kids and currently Lil' Queenie)
- Lars Kullberg (formerly of Boot Party)
- The Gris Gris (2004 · Birdman Records)
- For the Season (2005 · Birdman Records)
- Live at the Creamery (2009 · Birdman Records)
Singles and EPs
- Mary No. 38 single (2004 · Birdman Records)
- Pick up your raygun (acoustic) single (2005 · Birdman Records)
- Phares, Heather. "The Gris Gris - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-06-04.