The Guided Fate Paradox
|The Guided Fate Paradox|
North American cover art
|Developer(s)||Nippon Ichi Software|
|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
The Guided Fate Paradox (神様と運命革命のパラドクス Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox?) is a dungeon crawler role-playing video game developed and published by Nippon Ichi Software for the PlayStation 3. It was released in Japan on January 24, 2013, Europe on October 28, 2013 and North America on November 5, 2013. The game is described as being a spiritual successor to NIS's earlier PSP title Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman.
Gameplay is described as having traits similar to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series and features customization options. Cinderella makes an appearance as a character, expressing her discontent with the happy ending associated with her fairy tale.
The game was originally revealed in Japan on July 11, 2012 as a 20th anniversary commemorative for Nippon Ichi Software. It was also developed largely by the same team behind the Disgaea series, while Noizi Ito worked as the game's character designer and Yōsei Teikoku composed the music.
Bradly Hale of Hardcore Gamer gave the game a 4/5, saying "The Guided Fate Paradox is a niche game, but that shouldn’t scare off anyone who has a taste for Japanese RPGs. Its story does a balancing act of providing lighthearted fun and philosophical poignancy, while its gameplay is perhaps one of the deepest endeavors on the PS3 right now."
- Eisenbeis, Richard (2013-02-22). "A New Disgaea, The Guided Fate Paradox, and Time and Eternity Are Coming to American Shores". Kotaku. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Hernandez, Patricia (2013-01-26). "NIS Still Aims for Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Moriarty, Colin (2013-03-29). "New Details on Three PlayStation 3 RPGs". IGN. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Gera, Emily (2013-03-06). "Disgaea 2 and The Guided Fate Paradox coming to PS3". Polygon. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Spencer (2013-03-01). "Why Nippon Ichi Made The Guided Fate Paradox Instead Of A Z.H.P. Sequel". Siliconera. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Fletcher, JC (2013-02-22). "NIS America bringing Disgaea D2, The Guided Fate Paradox, and Time and Eternity west". Joystiq. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Nakamura, Toshi (2013-01-17). "Kotaku preview". Kotaku. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "NIS Plans TV Anime for Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox". Anime News Network. 2012-07-11. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Ashcraft, Brian (2012-07-11). "Nippon Ichi Reveals Several New Projects". Kotaku. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox's 13-Minute Gameplay Video Posted". Anime News Network. 2013-01-22. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Hale, Bradly (25 October 2013). "Review: The Guided Fate Paradox". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 25 November 2013.