The Gunner's Dream
|"The Gunner's Dream"|
|Song by Pink Floyd from the album The Final Cut|
|Published||Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd|
|Released||21 March 1983 (UK)
2 April 1983 (US)
|Genre||Progressive rock, symphonic rock, hard rock|
|Label||Harvest Records (UK)
Capitol Records (US)
|Producer||Roger Waters, James Guthrie and Michael Kamen|
|The Final Cut track listing|
"The Gunner's Dream" is a song from Pink Floyd's 1983 album The Final Cut. This song was one of several to be considered for the band's "best of" album, Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd. The song tells the story and thoughts of a gunner as he falls to his death dreaming of a world without war. It is one of the four songs on the video version of the album Final Cut Video EP
- The National Philharmonic Orchestra conducted and arranged by Michael Kamen
- Raphael Ravenscroft — tenor sax
- Michael Kamen — piano and electric piano
- Strong, Martin C. (2004). The Great Rock Discography (7th ed.). Edinburgh: Canongate Books. p. 1177. ISBN 1-84195-551-5.
- Mabbett, Andy (1995). The Complete Guide to the Music of Pink Floyd. London: Omnibus Press. ISBN 0-7119-4301-X.
- Guthrie, James. "James Guthrie: Audio: Building A Compilation Album". Pink Floyd. Archived from the original on 2 June 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2013.