The Happy Road
|The Happy Road|
British quad poster
|Directed by||Gene Kelly|
|Produced by||Gene Kelly|
|Written by||Arthur Julian
|Music by||Georges Van Parys|
|Edited by||Borys Lewin|
|June 20, 1957|
The Happy Road is a 1957 French-American comedy film starring Gene Kelly, Barbara Laage, Michael Redgrave and Bobby Clark. Its plot involves two students who escape from their Swiss private school and make for Paris.
- Mike Andrews - Gene Kelly
- Suzanne Duval - Barbara Laage
- Danny Andrews - Bobby Clark
- Janine Duval - Brigitte Fossey
- General Medworth - Michael Redgrave
- Doctor Salaise - Roger Tréville
- Hélène - Colette Dereal
- Madame Fallière - Maryse Martin
- Motorcycle Officer - Van Doude
- Armbruster - Colin Mann
- The Woodcutter - Alexandre Rignault
- David, Earl of Bardingham - T. Bartlett
Allmovie wrote, "The Happy Road tends to bludgeon its audience with whimsy at time," but noted, "Gene Kelly, as always, is charming, and less affected than usual" ;  while The New York Times praised the film as "a lively and charming little tale" concluding, "Mr. Kelly rates a good hand for this picture. So does Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer." 
According to MGM records the film earned $325,000 in the US and Canada and $625,000 elsewhere resulting in a loss of $117,000.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- "The Happy Road". BFI.
- "The Happy Road (1957) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Movie Review - The Happy Road - The Screen: 'Happy Road' Arrives; Gene Kelly Film Opens at Plaza Theatre The Cast - NYTimes.com".
|This film article about a 1950s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|