The Harlem Globetrotters (film)
|The Harlem Globetrotters|
Dorothy Dandridge and Bill Walker in 1951 theatrical poster.
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Release dates||October 24, 1951|
|Running time||78 minutes|
The Harlem Globetrotters is a 1951 Sport/Drama film about the famous African American basketball team The Harlem Globetrotters released by Columbia Pictures. The film stars Thomas Gomez, Bill Walker, Dorothy Dandridge, Angela Clarke, and Peter M. Thompson.
The film has not been released on U.S. home video. It premiered on television on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) on May 29, 2012.
- Thomas Gomez as Coach Abe Saperstein
- Bill Walker as Prof. Turner
- Dorothy Dandridge as Ann Carpenter
- Angela Clarke as Sylvia Saperman
- Peter M. Thompson as Martin
- Billy Brown as Billy Townsend (Globetrotter)
- Roscoe Cumberland as Roscoe (Globetrotter)
- William 'Pop' Gates as 'Pop' Gates (Globetrotter)
- Marques Haynes as Marques (Globetrotter)
- Louis 'Babe' Pressley as 'Babe' Pressley (Globetrotter)
- Ermer Robinson as Elmer Robinson (Globetrotter)
- Ted Strong as Ted Strong (Globetrotter)
- Reece 'Goose' Tatum as 'Goose' Tatum (Globetrotter)
- Frank Washington as Frank Washington (Globetrotter)
- Clarence Wilson as Clarence Wilson (Globetrotter)
|This article about a sports-related film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|