World Famous Pastrami
|Current owner(s)||C & J Food Company, Joseph Conzonire, CEO|
|Food type||Pastrami, hamburgers, french fries,|
|Street address||1 West Valley Boulevard, Corner of Garfield Avenue and Valley Boulevard|
The Hat is a Southern California fast-food restaurant specializing in pastrami sandwiches. This iconic eatery, once local only to the San Gabriel Valley, has been offering its "World Famous Pastrami" to Southern California residents since 1951. Its customers consume 13 to 15 tons of pastrami per week.
The pastrami sandwich, or pastrami dip, is the restaurant's signature item. It comes on a french roll with mustard and pickle. The restaurant also serves sandwiches, burgers, as well as french fries in a paper grocery bag. They may have been one of the first places to offer a pastrami burger. The Hat offers no table service, so all of the items are wrapped to go, but paper plates are given to customers who wish to "dine in."
There are ten locations around Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, and San Bernardino counties, in Alhambra, Brea, Glendora, Upland, Pasadena, Temple City, Monterey Park, Rancho Cucamonga, Simi Valley, and Lake Forest.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Hat.|
- Neil, Dan (2004-11-24). "Table Talk". The Deseret News.
- "Best of OC". OC Weekly. 2001-09-20.
- "The Hat - Lake Forest, CA [Eating]". chubbypanda.com. 2007-03-29. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "The Original Hat of Pasadena". Pasadena Weekly. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
- Faught, Andrew (October 4, 2000). "Deli May Spread To Burbank". Los Angeles Daily News.
- Pasadena Star-News, December 23, 2008
- Griffith, Mary Jo (2003-10-31). "Sandwich blahs? Take the cure // When it comes to pastrami, these two places have it covered". The Orange County Register.
- Girod, Jeff (2004-08-24). "Fast Food Dude". The Press-Enterprise.
- Pirani, Niyaz. "Serving Up World Famous Pastrami for over 50 Years". campuscircle.com. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- Neil, Dan (2006-07-16). "WEST MAGAZINE Part I; Pg. 46". Los Angeles Times.
- John T. Edge (28 July 2009). "Pastrami Meets the Patty in Utah". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Borgen, Allan (2003-01-23). "Pleasant pastrami Restaurant". Pasadena Star-News.
- Grein, Marilyn (2003-07-09). "Restaurant aims to live up to its name". Orange County Register.
- "The Hat...World Famous Pastrami". robwonton. 2006-01-24. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "The Hat - Alhambra". Wandering Chopsticks. 2007-10-01. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- Borgen, Allan (2003-10-02). "Giant taste". Pasadena Star-News.
- Grein, Marilyn (2004-07-30). "The Hat restaurant makes its debut in Lake Forest". Orange County Register.