The Haunted Hathaways
|The Haunted Hathaways|
|Created by||Robert Peacock|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||31 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Peacock
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Bugliari/McLaughlin Productions
|Original run||July 13, 2013– present|
The Haunted Hathaways is a Nickelodeon sitcom television series that began airing on July 13, 2013. It tells the story of a single mother and her two daughters who move into a home occupied by three ghosts, a single father and his two sons. The two families solve their problems using the ghost powers and normal human ways. The show's first season was originally going to consist of 20 episodes, but on August 21, 2013, the first season was picked up for 6 more episodes, bringing the first season up to 26 episodes. On October 21, 2013, Nickelodeon renewed The Haunted Hathaways for a second season of 22 episodes. The second season started airing on June 28, 2014. The series is filmed at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, California.
The series tells the story of a mother named Michelle Hathaway moving her two daughters, Taylor and Frankie to New Orleans and they open a bakery. They come to find out that the house is haunted by Ray Preston and his two sons, Miles and Louie as they are actually ghosts. The families learn how to live with each other using their ghost powers and normal human powers.
Cast and characters
- Taylor Hathaway (played by Amber Montana) - Taylor Hathaway is the daughter of Michelle Hathaway, and the older sister of Frankie Hathaway. As seen in the first episode, she is a talented gymnast who cares about her work and is easily agitated by her family and the Prestons.
- Miles Preston (played by Curtis Harris) - Miles Preston is the older son of Ray and is Louie's older brother. He is the most well-mannered of the Preston ghosts, and tries the hardest to socialize with humans, especially Taylor. Miles does his best to help Taylor with her problems, but he tends to do more harm than good.
- Louie Preston (played by Benjamin Flores, Jr.) - Louie Preston is the son of Ray Preston, and is Miles Preston's younger brother. He tends to be rude and a little bit on the sarcastic side. He loves haunting and scaring people, though he hasn't quite mastered it yet. Louie doesn't understand why the Hathaways have to live with them in their house and isn't always so nice to the Hathaways. Louie's first successful ghost trick is when Louie wrapped the curtains around Michelle in Haunted Sleepover
- Frankie Hathaway (played by Breanna Yde) - Frankie Hathaway is the daughter of Michelle Hathaway, and the younger sister of Taylor Hathaway. She is considered strange by her peers, and embraces the idea of living with ghosts. Frankie doesn't easily get along with her older sister, Taylor, because they have different ways of dealing with things. Frankie and Louie have a complicated relationship because Frankie is often better at scaring people than he is. It was revealed in Haunted Doll that Frankie's full name is Francesca.
- Michelle Hathaway (played by Ginifer King) - Michelle Hathaway is the good-hearted single mother of Taylor and Frankie. She is divorced and along with her two daughters lives with the Prestons. Michelle is a skilled baker who own a cake shop called Pie Squared. Michelle tries to get along with her daughter Taylor, but they always think of things differently and their problems tend to be controversial. Michelle and Ray also find a complicated relationship because of their different styles of parenting.It was revealed in Haunted Boo Crew that Michelle's middle name is Barberella.
- Ray Preston (played by Chico Benymon) - Ray Preston is the father of Miles and Louie. As seen in the first episode, he plays the saxophone. Ray prefers a laid-back lifestyle, so he isn't very good at disciplining his sons when they misbehave.
- Lilly (played by Kayla Maisonet) - Lilly attends the same school Taylor Hathaway attends and is on the school's gymnastics team.
- Emma (played by Brec Bassinger) - Emma is a girl on Taylor's gymnastics team and goes to Lilly and Taylor's school who tends to not understand much of what people around her do understand. Emma is also very clumsy and ditsy.
- Clay Bannister (played by Artie O'Daly) - Clay Bannister is a very well-known food critic who gives reviews on bakeries in the New Orleans area.
- Penelope Pritchard (played by Ava Cantrell) - Penelope Pritchard attends the same school as Frankie Hathaway and is known for her crazy obsession with dolls. She is very wealthy and she doesn't like Frankie that much.
- Madame Lebeuf (played by Kim Yarbrough) - Madame Lebeuf is a mystical and spiritual woman who makes a living by exorcising unwanted ghosts.
- Mr. Dobson (played by Fred Stoller) - Mr. Dobson is Louie's teacher at Ichabod Crane Academy.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||26||July 13, 2013||May 31, 2014|
|2||22||June 28, 2014||TBA|
The series premiered on July 13, 2013 and scored 3.3 million viewers, after a brand new Sam & Cat. The next episode that aired scored 2.8 million viewers.So far, the most watched episode is Pilot with 3.3 million viewers,The second most watched episode is Haunted Sleepover with 2.8 million viewers,and the least watched episode is Haunted revenge with 1.2 million viewers. In Australia "Pilot" received 47,000 viewers making it the third most watched Nickelodeon broadcast that day. The same episode received 138,000 viewers in the United Kingdom.
The overall reception has been positive. David Hinckley of the New York Daily News says that it has the traditions of "smashing two very different families together" and "having a normal level of sitcom zaniness compounded by the unexpected appearance of the supernatural." He liked the idea of a traditional sitcom every once in a while. Sonia Saraiya of the A.V Club claims it to be "unique and slightly convoluted" She also said that it has an "interesting" gender and racial breakdown.
Awards and Nominations
The series originally premiered on July 13, 2013 on Nickelodeon. It premiered on YTV and Nickelodeon (Australia and New Zealand) on October 1, 2013. It premiered on Nickelodeon (UK and Ireland) on November 5, 2013. Nickelodeon (Southeast Asia) premiered the series on November 18, 2013 and Nickelodeon (Africa) on December 9, 2013.
- "Showatch-Haunted Hathaways listings". Futon Critic. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 21, 2013). "Nickelodeon’s ‘Haunted Hathaways’ Gets Order For 6 More Episodes, Return Date". Deadline.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Nickelodeon Renews 'Haunted Hathaways', Orders More 'See Dad Run'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Akers, Greg. "From Memphis to Hollywood". Memphis Flyer. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
futoncriticwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
Cite error: The named reference
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 16, 2013). "Cable Top 25: 'Rizzoli & Isles' Again Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending July 14, 2013". TVBytheNumbers.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 15, 2013). "Nickelodeon's 'The Haunted Hathaways' Bows With More Than 3 Million Total Viewers". TVBytheNumbers.com. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "Pay TV Ratings". tvtonight.com.au. November 28, 2013.
- Hinckley, David (July 13, 2013). "‘The Haunted Hathaways,’ TV review". nydailynews.com. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Saraiya, Sonia (July 13, 2013). "The Haunted Hathaways debuts tonight on Nickelodeon at 8:30 p.m. Eastern.". avclub.com. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "YTV Fast Forwards to Fall with Eight Side-Splitting New Series". newswire.ca. June 27, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Knox, David (December 4, 2013). "Foxtel: Summer highlights for kids". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "A look at the New school year". vimn.com. September 2, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Nickelodeon Africa To Premiere "The Haunted Hathaways" On Monday 9th December 2013". blogspot.com. 8 December 2013.