The Heights School (Maryland)
|The Heights School|
|10400 Seven Locks Road
Potomac, Maryland, (Montgomery County), 20854-4085
|Type||Private, Boy's School|
(grow; increase, multiply (Genesis 1:28))
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Headmaster||Alvaro de Vicente|
|Faculty||56.0 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||7:1|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Song||"To The Heights"|
|Admission Director||Richard Moss|
|Athletic Director||Dan Lively|
The Heights School is a preparatory school for boys in grades 3-12 in Potomac, Maryland, USA. Its mission is to assist parents in the intellectual, spiritual, and physical education of their sons. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington. The school's Christian orientation and spiritual formation are entrusted to Opus Dei, a personal prelature of the Catholic Church founded in 1928. The Heights School offers a liberal arts curriculum in English, Mathematics, Classics, History, Religion, Science, Spanish, Art, Computers, and Music.
The Heights School currently has 13 different sports teams. These teams are Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Basketball, Squash, Swimming, Wrestling, Baseball, Lacrosse, Tennis, Track and Field, Lincoln-Douglas Debate and Rugby.
The William Peter Gallahad Blatty scholarship is given once every four years to an outstanding student in honor of William P. G. Blatty, son of the author of The Exorcist and member of the Class of 2005, who died of a heart condition.
References and footnotes
- , National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 29, 2012.
- http://www.advanc-ed.org/. Missing or empty
- Sports Illustrated online: Who's Next? Freddy Adu. "In his first organized basketball game two years ago, a J.V. contest for The Heights School in Potomac, Freddy scored 28 points." Accessed June 4, 2008.
- Goliath.com - Adu completes high school. Accessed June 4, 2008.
- The Heights School official website